Looking for a place to Trek/Hike that are not so far from Bangkok

nix

Hi,

I am looking for a place that we can Trek/Hike(Half Day) - that is not so far from Bangkok. Probably 3 - 4 hours from Bangkok.

We would like to start and try a new different hobby - which we have decided to do Trekking/Hiking.

So we are currently looking for a beginner place, which is not too hard but not too easy. Something that will still challenge us.

Also, if there will be a guide, I'd be great.

Any places to recommend?

Thanks

Well Khao Yai National Park is about a 3 hour drive. If you want to spend the night they have two camp grounds where you can rent tents and other camping gear. Also rooms and cabins are also available. Off duty park rangers can be hired as guides. Try to avoid the weekends if possible as the park gets very crowded at that time.

Edited by Spaniel

Try Central World, right in the center of Bangkok, good for at least half a day and perfect for beginners as the hills take you up and down on their own.

We'd prefer more to try in the nature side, away from the city. Thanks for the info thought! It may come in handy sometimes

Well Khao Yai National Park is about a 3 hour drive. If you want to spend the night they have two camp grounds where you can rent tents and other camping gear. Also rooms and cabins are also available. Off duty park rangers can be hired as guides. Try to avoid the weekends if possible as the park gets very crowded at that time.

Can you explain more details, about Khao Yai National Park? - So we just have to go there and we can find any guide or posts.

Will we be able to experience hiking the mountains and enjoy a spectacular view?

Thanks

Try Central World, right in the center of Bangkok, good for at least half a day and perfect for beginners as the hills take you up and down on their own.

We'd prefer more to try in the nature side, away from the city. Thanks for the info thought! It may come in handy sometimes

Can you explain more details, about Khao Yai National Park? - So we just have to go there and we can find any guide or posts.

Will we be able to experience hiking the mountains and enjoy a spectacular view?

Thanks

If I recall, it is a park in Nakon Nayok...you can get a van at Victory Monument for 60 baht...get to the park and there is a magnificent waterfall...I hope I have the right name, because the place I'm thinking of is only about 1.5 hours from BKK...if not, just remember there is a great national park/waterfall in Nakon Nayok...there is also a big dam there that has very nice views on the nature below...look it up on the net...well worth a visit...

My memory is failing me...somebody help me with this. Just this past year there was a thread mentioning a beautiful natural area just on the opposite side of the Chao Phraya in Bangkok. Not an official park as I recall but a large, undeveloped area with forests, meadows and a lot of natural beauty with many trails and paths accessible to the public. It would really fit what the OP seems to be looking for. I tried searching but couldn't find the right terms.

Probably Bang Krachao. If you look at a map of Bangkok there is a horseshoe bend in the river. Bang Krachao is the inner part of the horseshoe. Often heard it refered to as "The Lungs of Bangkok". Take a ferry from Klong Toey. You can hire bikes. There is a developed park area but most is natural with sprawling palm plantations, pathways all through it and little villages. Its quite surreal as you can look up and see the skyscrapers of Silom etc but feel you are 100's of kilometers away from the city.

Probably Bang Krachao. If you look at a map of Bangkok there is a horseshoe bend in the river. Bang Krachao is the inner part of the horseshoe. Often heard it refered to as "The Lungs of Bangkok". Take a ferry from Klong Toey. You can hire bikes. There is a developed park area but most is natural with sprawling palm plantations, pathways all through it and little villages. Its quite surreal as you can look up and see the skyscrapers of Silom etc but feel you are 100's of kilometers away from the city.

That's it. Thanks TF

Thanks

are you dreaming ?

spectacular views in thailand ?

Pattaya, Nana placa ?