Good email app for android

I currently use Type Mail app, like the app as you can delete emails straight from The email notification, only problem is betterbatterystats is telling me its a wakeup killer, tried all the different settings.

Anybody recommend email app, easy on battery, push function and can delete without the need to open the email.

I use Type Mail as well. I like it as I have a rooted phone. After checking my email I use Greenery and Purify to put everything into hibernation so I save my battery. Purify also auto blocks all those annoying services from starting.

Greenery - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=en

Purify - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kingstudio.purify&hl=en

Giving a third party app access to your emails....thats crazy.

It's no different from using Outlook, Thunderbird or some other email program to check your email.

I had a look at Aqua Mail but if I did change from Type Mail, I'd go with Blue Mail. There's too many restrictions on the free version of Aqua Mail.

I use Type Mail as well. I like it as I have a rooted phone. After checking my email I use Greenery and Purify to put everything into hibernation so I save my battery. Purify also auto blocks all those annoying services from starting.

Greenery - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=en

Purify - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kingstudio.purify&hl=en

Giving a third party app access to your emails....thats crazy.

It's no different from using Outlook, Thunderbird or some other email program to check your email.

I had a look at Aqua Mail but if I did change from Type Mail, I'd go with Blue Mail. There's too many restrictions on the free version of Aqua Mail.

I have been using Type mail since i switched to Android about 2 years ago and the features are second to none compared to ALL of the rest but I believe there is a problem with the way it receives the email, the app is connecting to the server every 2 mins or so even on Push, properly implemented Push will receive a ping from the server telling them an email is ready to download and the app will then connect and download the email, it does not need to keep connecting to the servers, i think Type mail is polling which is causing a hog on battery life.

I do not like to use hibernating apps as imho causes more harm than good.

BTW Blue mail is the original name for Type app before it was rebranded, not sure why both version are on playstore.

I mostly use my phone for calls so I don't need apps such as Facebook, email and the Play Store services waking up and running in the background all the time. These are the battery drainers I don't want or need.

Before I found Purify I was also hesitant to hibernate system apps but it works well for preserving battery life.

I mostly use my phone for calls so I don't need apps such as Facebook, email and the Play Store services waking up and running in the background all the time. These are the battery drainers I don't want or need.

Before I found Purify I was also hesitant to hibernate system apps but it works well for preserving battery life.

I will test out Purify because I to dont like facebook, google play crap running in background.. the top 3 according to better battery stats is type email, messenger, facebook, line, whatsapp

• 2 weeks later...