Culture And Language Clash

francois

hi all'

last day we had a talking (gentle one), about the hudge difference there where in between the Thai culture and the western one, language, food, and traditions ...

we found a few with wich it was not easy to deal with ...

"paitio" : Thai's love it, we all know it, and for most of us we do enjoy it too.

what if : you prefer to stay home and watch a good movie ...

what if : you have no plan to get soakin' wet on songklan ...

what if : you go out more than her/him ...

what if : he/she goes out more than you ...

what if : she/he drinks more than you ... ( my case ..I don't drink)

a few point raised out in a few minutes, needless to say, that our shared acceptance makes all these tricks, and we do not have to trick so much, as things are going pretty nicely and gently ... until today :o

it's not a question of ...I accept all from her/him ...

it's more about, does it disturb your own way of life, or the way you would like it to be.

just because I noticed, some "tss tss" about small details, and we have ours tss's ...

you see, it's more about this :D

let's say what are your "tss tss's"?

and for what kind of things or why?

what about you, your couple?

how do you deal with these differences?

is it easy everyday, or have you some arguments sometime about daily life?

well, it's all up to you ...

cheers

francois

thats a difficult one francois . i think sometimes differences are not just cultural ,they relate to age difference , taste in food ,choice of entertainment , how each of us chooses to live etcetera etcetera . i do have differences of opinion , disagreements and misunderstandings with my thai girlfriend ,but i also had as many with my ex partner in new zealand !!!! . i think the cultural difference has as many benefits as disadvantages . we both understand we are VERY different culturally and try to leave it at that . luckily we are both the same age ,which helps , we enjoy the same food (75 percent of the time ) and i have to leave every year to work ,which although is difficult ,i think makes you apreciate each other so much more . like i said its a difficult one GOOD LUCK !!!

Guest IT Manager

I wonder whether time going out individually is a cultural issue or something else.

I haven't got a view, but I don't like to go out as often as my wife, rarely go out with my GF these days, and my BF hasn't spoken to me in an age.

And, the reverse, Thai jokes generally ain't that funny... :o

Tell us some, Boon mee, we'll give you our appreciation. :D

Let me get back to you, Bluecat with one about a village headman upcountry and something to do with "KEE". You know how Thais are pretty frank when refering to kee but I forget the whole story right now... :D

and something to do with "KEE".

Forget that one. Another one, please,... :o

Generally I forget them as soon as I've heard 'em since they don't "trip my trigger" so will get my little bride to re-tell me some and I'll give you the lowdown!

:D

and what about eating mango with this kapi and close to you ... :o ?

and/or quite always leaving the bottle of nampla open ... in case of, somtam, kanomchin..

may be just like a real stinky french cheese in the fridge for her :D

what about when they get together (a few ladies) for a drink and A CHAT :D ?

do you stay in the same room or go for a walk or join them?

francois

• 4 weeks later...

I have to admit that recently as she was emerging from the shower and finding me naked and asleep she reached over and manipulated my protuberance until a suitable condition, impaled herself and rotated...

afterwards she sighed...'girlfren' they don' know nutting'

one should not complain...I guess....

I have to admit that recently as she was emerging from the shower and finding me naked and asleep she reached over and manipulated my protuberance until a suitable condition, impaled herself and rotated...

afterwards she sighed...'girlfren' they don' know nutting'

one should not complain...I guess....

Tutsi , did you awake many hours later, wondering how you had reached the previous state ( of Nirvana / Nevada ) ?