Good Second Hand Book Shops In Phuket

fanciman

You're going to be disappointed especially if you are after English books.

The people who read the most here are women.

Most bookshops will have 10 copies of Judih Krantz, or, Jackie Collins'es latest book, but, if your looking for serious fiction, or, non-fiction you won't find it in a second-hand book-shop,

The one in Phuket town is probably the pick of the bunch. Once you've exhausted their shelves, the one by the Phuket Zoo turn off is probably next best. Julie's place (by the roundabout in Chalong) didn't really have much of a selection last time I was there but worth a look. In Karon, they have hundreds of books, but all unsorted. It's possible to find some gems there, but it takes a lot of searching. In Patong, there is a place at the back of the OTOP centre which I haven't checked out yet. The Farang Bookshop on Nanai Road has a small collection - sorted alphabetically by author's first name! - and I know I saw another one on Ratuthit Road but can't remember where. Books & Drinks has a couple of outlets (one on Saiyuan Road and one on the road which runs from Kata Beach Resort to just below Kata school) but I haven't tried either. Hope this helps.

Most bookshops will have 10 copies of Judih Krantz, or, Jackie Collins'es latest book, but, if your looking for serious fiction, or, non-fiction you won't find it in a second-hand book-shop,

Are you saying that women only read this crap? Oh please! Yes, there is alot of this drivel available but if you take some time to really look, you can find some good stuff.

Are you saying that women only read this crap? Oh please! Yes, there is alot of this drivel available but if you take some time to really look, you can find some good stuff.

That was not my intention.

Go to the beach, more women than men will be reading a book. As they are on holiday, they bring books for "light reading". They tend to be reading romances.

Not saying women read crap, just they read crap on holiday. Check out which books have more than three copies in the second-hand book-stores. Most of them are the trashy romance novels written with women in mind.

Edited by Sir Burr

...are they?

Anything good set in Phuket?

Thank you!

There is another one on Karon, about 200 meters on the right hand side if you come from Karon Circle. Has a glass-front with newspapers.

i've used that one,good for second hand travel guides and "holiday "reading

• 3 years later...

Yeah, I know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one.

There was a used book shop downstairs in Jungceylon (near the banks and the 7-Eleven) that has now disappeared. Don't know if they've gone tits up or just moved to a new location.

If anyone knows where they may have moved to, I'd appreciate it if you'd post here! wai.gif

Thx!

iS

That was not my intention.

Go to the beach, more women than men will be reading a book. As they are on holiday, they bring books for "light reading". They tend to be reading romances.

Not saying women read crap, just they read crap on holiday. Check out which books have more than three copies in the second-hand book-stores. Most of them are the trashy romance novels written with women in mind.

The second-hand book shop in Phuket Town has many books to chose from and certainly they aren't all just chick lit. Also, once you have finished it you can return it and they'll give you 50% back as credit on other purchases.

• 11 months later...