Watch live: Hollande and Merkel give press conference on migrant crisis ahead of Monday’s EU summit

snoop1130

Watch live: Hollande and Merkel give press conference on migrant crisis ahead of Monday’s EU summit
Euronews

606x341_326109.jpg

PARIS, FRANCE -- German Chancellor Angela Merkel is in Paris on Friday for talks on Europe’s migration crisis with French President Francois Hollande.

Their meeting comes as it was revealed that over 1.2 million people, mainly Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis, made initial applications for asylum in the European Union in 2015 – a record figure more than double that of the previous year.

Watch the press conference live here

The figures were provided by Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union.

On Monday the EU and Turkey will once again discuss how to stem the flow.

Border restrictions imposed by several countries have left thousands of migrants and refugees trapped in Greece, prompting warnings of an imminent humanitarian crisis.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-04

"Angela, ma petite, when those awful British leave the EU as we planned, and we become the Federal States of Europe, France will rule alongside Germany n'est ce pas?

"Of course Francois my little onion seller. You can trust us. We know exactly what is best for Europe and we won't let anything like silly elections get in the way; or the British stop us this time, er, I mean stop both of us"

Are they going to fess up to the impending invitation to Turkey?

The one that says: "Thanks for all your help, please come and settle as many of your 79 million (muslim, pro sharia, recently radicalised) population anywhere in the Schengen zone you feel like."

Westerners are leaving Turkey for friendlier climes as the atmosphere for non muslims has got quite hostile recently, even in tourist resorts.

Merkel is a dictator who knows best for 500 million Europeans, in her mind.

The rest of us are saying stop this madness please!.

There are some deeply unpleasant people on this thread

Suitable for sonderkommando tasks I guess

This is a major problem

How are humane people to deal with genuine refugees?

I don't have answers but I decline to give up my humanity and align myself with the howling dogs of hate

Deeply depressing

Two dangerous US idiot string puppets tell more lies at a press conference, great! I feel the world becoming a better place instantly... sick.gif

France and Germany "string puppets" of the USA? Like the way they massively didn't support George Bush during the 2nd Iraq war? Or Germany's policy of austerity during the Eurozone meltdown? Is it just anytime something you don't like happens you just find a way to reflexively blame the USA? If facts were poisonous, your comment would be health food.

Edited by stillbornagain