Nakhon Phanom International School(s)

Asian Frog

Hello everybody,

what is the school situation in Nakhon Phanom and Sakhorn Nakhorn?

We are on the project of International Aviation College within Nakhon Phanom University and we prepare the landing of several European Instructors some with family and kids.

Can somebody give a picture of international schooling in the area? (including costs)

Thank you

Hello Asian Frog,

I guess Sakon Nakhon is rather remorte. If you would open an international school in Khon Kaen, I would send my daughter to your school for sure :o

In Khon Kaen there is just one bilangual school: Vites Suksa which is about 150'000 - 200'000 Baht a year. They have primary and secondary school (in Thai Pratom 1-6 and Matayom 1-6). Each class has a Thai and a Farang teacher. The school has boarding facilities, but these would have to be checked: I heard rumors there is not much control there, that kids can do pretty much as they please - just rumors, I did not check it at all myself. Most (or nearly all?) kids return home to sleep.

I was looking for some time for good schools in Isarn - and I still am. The only good alternative I heard about is St. Stefen near Korat, but that is above my budget.

If you find anything interesting, would you mind to drop me a note?

Regards Thedi [email protected]

Asian Frog - suggest you request for your post to be transferred to the "Teaching in Thailand" forum you will get more response I believe.

Thank for your suggestion: I will post in "Teaching in Thailand". Concerning Khong Khaeng, we are not interested: our main issue is the opening of an International Aviation college within Nakhon Phanom University. Some european Instructors, keen to come, are asking about schooling. On the other side, few wives of some instructors are english speaking professional teachers. But we cannot open a school for only the 4 or 5 kids of some instructors. We have a potential....