Visa From Singapore

I'm going to have to go to Singapore to get a new Non immigrant "B".

Acouple of questions...how long does it take to get from the airport to the Thai Embassy and how much?

Does anyone know of budget accomodation?

Where is it best to by Singapore currency?

any other advice?

Acouple of questions...how long does it take to get from the airport to the Thai Embassy and how much?

any other advice?

Airport to Orchard Road where Embassy is located will take you just over 40 minutes by MRT or if no traffic which is the 'norm' about 25 minutes by taxi.

Taxi will be under 30 SIN Dolars MRT about 2 or 3 (I think)

Cheap 'guest houses' can be found around China town very near the business district all accessible by MRT

Buy your SIN dol at airport bank booths arrival level between bags carousels and customs all same rates

any other advice?

Airport to Orchard Road where Embassy is located will take you just over 40 minutes by MRT or if no traffic which is the 'norm' about 25 minutes by taxi.

Cheap 'guest houses' can be found around China town very near the business district all accessible by MRT

Buy your SIN dol at airport bank booths arrival level between bags carousels and customs all same rates

thanks!

Can you recommend a cheap hotel?

Taxi is S$15........just did it last month.

Wouldnt recommend the MRT for your first visit as you need to change MRT lines.......you could end up back at the airport :o

Cheap hotels at www.visitsingapore.com. Most are in Geyling close to mrt station [except on weekends & holidays]

There is a staffed desk in the airport that has promotions, full range of hotel prices. Good deals .

Free local phone calls & internet at airport before u go thru immigration

Taxi from Changi to Embassy cost me $17.90 SGD and took about 20 mins. If your plane lands before 11:00am, you can still possibly make it to the embassy before 12:15 Noon. It only took us 9 mins from the time we steped of the plane untill we got into the taxi, Changi is the quickest airport to clear in the world! We changed THB to SGD in the new airport in Bangkok, got a very good rate. We also changed some SGD back to THB on return last night at Suvanabhumi , for a good rate, only about .3 baht difference from when we bought the SGD!

The Embassy in also near orchard MRT, if you catch the MRT from Changi ( takes about 45 mins to get there )

• 3 weeks later...

Did it...all went OK....got into Changi a about 11.20! Still made it to embassy and filled out form ,handed in docos and was asked to come back for an "interview" at 2.00pm. They told me after a couple of Qs over the counter that they would issue my visa at 3.00pm the next day. Back in LOS by 9.00pm-ish.

Hotel tropicana 60 bucks (Sing) per night was not such good value, but once I'd worked out how to get a ticket on MRT no probs getting about.

Couldn't get used to everybody speaking english....

Thanks to all for advice

Edited by wilko