Black & Decker Power Washer - A happy ending...

jimmybkk

Couple of years ago I bought a B&D power washer - nothing fancy - 110 bar pressure which actually turned out to be all I needed. Pretty happy with my purchase.

About a year later the hose burst so did a search online and found a helpful post on TVF advising that the B&D service centre is one of the hardware shops on Pattaya Nua, so replaced the hose for 800 Baht I think.

Just recently the gun broke - got my staff to call the service centre and they said no stock - must order from BKK. Didn't fancy waiting and no urgent need so did a search online which turned up dry... Found a place in the US selling the guns for USD 9.95 but they wouldn't reply to my emails.

By chance I was in Thai Watsadu on Saturday and they had spare guns for the Zinsano power washers - decided to ask if they knew where i could get a B&D gun, fully expecting the usual "Mai mee..." disinterested response... but...

***CREDIT WHERE CREDIT'S DUE, and hats off to Thai Watsadu!!***

I was most surprised to be directed to a lady who knew the ins and the outs... she gave me the number of B&D in BKK and also gave me their bank details and instructions on how to order the part I was looking for. She suggested I arrange for a Thai speaker to call, which I did, and after making the call and then making payment of 450.00 Baht for the gun + 7% VAT + 100 Baht for delivery, the gun arrived 2 days later....

I couldn't be happier. Great service!

Here are the details in case anyone else is in a similar position...

post-14840-0-18627100-1457951369_thumb.j

post-14840-0-97151300-1457951440_thumb.j

So you did not fancy waiting for one to be ordered from BKK but then went and ordered one from BKK anyways.

Musta been quiet the happy ending from the lady at Watsadu !!!

Hmmm... Yes, you're correct - I did end up ordering one from Bangkok anyways, but only after doing some searching and finding that I didn't have many options. The point of my post, and what I was happy about, was that instead of facing this:

• Ask the hardware store on Pattaya Nua to order the part - probably have to go there to pay a deposit.
  • Hope that they order it immediately and don't wait until they have large enough volume to try to keep transport costs down.
  • Hope that they don't make any mistake with the ordering.
  • Hope that they don't forget to call me when the gun arrives and then sell it to another customer.
  • Have the hassle of making another journey to the hardware store on Nua when the gun arrives.
  • Pay whatever mark-up the hardware store on Nua decides to add to the cost.
  • Have to deal with the hardware store on Nua in the event of any problems with the item.
  • Have one more pair of hands involved in the deal which would only mean more chance of things going wrong and paying a higher price.

I only had to deal with this:

• Arrange for a Thai speaker to make one telephone call to Bangkok followed by a few Line messages.
  • Receive photos of the part being ordered to avoid mistakes/misunderstandings.
  • Make payment by internet banking from the comfort of my armchair.
  • 2 days later receive the gun delivered to my door.

This was all down to a very helpful sales lady at Thai Watsadu and I was happy enough with the outcome that I decided to post about it here, both to give credit to that lady and also because I thought the information may be useful to others. Sorry that the apparent contradiction in my post set off whatever Internet alarm system you're using...

post-14840-0-88558800-1458138518_thumb.p