Sewing Machines

briley

I'm looking for a sewing machine in Chiang Mai, so far I've found the Elna shop but I'm a little un-impressed by their range as they seem a little out of date. Will be visiting the Singer shop near Rimping Condo next week, but can't find anywhere else selling sewing machines.

Anyone with suggestions as to where to look or which machine to buy - I want a reasonably good quality one.

I'm looking for a sewing machine in Chiang Mai, so far I've found the Elna shop but I'm a little un-impressed by their range as they seem a little out of date. Will be visiting the Singer shop near Rimping Condo next week, but can't find anywhere else selling sewing machines.

Anyone with suggestions as to where to look or which machine to buy - I want a reasonably good quality one.

By Googling "Sewing Machines Chiang Mai" these 2 results appeared (almost magically):

Chiang mai Sewing Machine Ltd ., Part.

Tel. 251338 Fax: 251498

231-3 Chang Moi Rd.,

T. Chang Moi,

A. Muang,

Chiang Mai 50300

Singer (Thailand) Co., Ltd.

Tel 211393, 212502 Fax: 212502

56 Ratchadamnoen Rd.,

A. Muang,

Chiang Mai 50200

Doesn't take too much imagination. :o

But google does not find the Elna shop (two branches) - and I would expect more than 3 shops in Chiang Mai selling sewing machines.

I expected Central and Robinsons to sell them - but no luck. Wandering around Central plaza didn't find any suitable shop, but that place has many many 'hidden' shops.

What I am interested in is people who knows shops in CM and have experience of the machines they sell.

But google does not find the Elna shop (two branches) - and I would expect more than 3 shops in Chiang Mai selling sewing machines.

I expected Central and Robinsons to sell them - but no luck. Wandering around Central plaza didn't find any suitable shop, but that place has many many 'hidden' shops.

What I am interested in is people who knows shops in CM and have experience of the machines they sell.

Sorry. I tried. (or is that.....sorry I tried)

If I had more time I'd take you by the hand and show you around.............. :o

Edited by Blinky Bill

Sorry. I tried. (or is that.....sorry I tried)

If I had more time I'd take you by the hand and show you around.............. :D

Hi BB,

sorry for hijacking the post but since google is mentioned so much here. ---->

i googled Blinky Bill cause heard of it but never knew much about the cartoon character. I came across someone named Scarlett Blinky. Perhaps you might be interested in a new friend? you might share a lot in common.

:o

Edited by tigerbeer

sorry for hijacking the post but since google is mentioned so much here. ---->

i googled Blinky Bill cause heard of it but never knew much about the cartoon character. I came across someone named Scarlett Blinky. Perhaps you might be interested in a new friend? you might share a lot in common.

:o

Ah yes, cousin Scarlett. My old Aunt Gertie Blinky once told me about Cousin Scarlett, how she was once a good public school educated young lady. Then one day she fell out of the tree and never returned. Rumour has it she is seen in various red light areas around Australia and parts of SE Asia spreading her fine attributes as often as and wherever she can. I envy her.

Yes, found out they make sewing machines in Lampun, but don't seem to sell them in Thailand.

It is Elna opposite (almost) Kad Suan Kaew.

Will continue wandering the streets and report back on any good findings. Thanks for all

• 3 weeks later...

As a summary:

Elna branches in Tesco (North) and Carafour, main shop opposite Kad Suan Kaew, seems to be the only place selling any domestic sewing machines.

Everywhere else is selling industrial machines.

The Elna machines do not appear to be current models and those I can track down are markely more expensive than UK prices.

I was recomended to try Bangkok but think I might get from the UK next time I'm there - they only weigh up to 11Kg.

Thanks to all.

As a summary:

Elna branches in Tesco (North) and Carafour, main shop opposite Kad Suan Kaew, seems to be the only place selling any domestic sewing machines.

The Elna machines do not appear to be current models and those I can track down are markely more expensive than UK prices.

I was recomended to try Bangkok but think I might get from the UK next time I'm there - they only weigh up to 11Kg.

Thanks to all.

There's another shop that sells sewing machines (not Elna, maybe Singer or something else). It's on the Chiang Mai/ Hang Dong Rd. a couple of hundred meters north of Airport Central Plaza on the opposite side of the street.

Go West on Kaew Nawarat Rd from Chiangmai International School, cross the Mae Ping River, go Left at the traffic light. Right on the corner is a sewing machine shop. They sell both commercial and personal machines. (I saw Singer & others).

Also, drive towards Sampankang, as you enter town from Chiangmai there are 2 shops on the Left side, again both commercial and personal.

As a summary:

Thanks to all.

There's another shop that sells sewing machines (not Elna, maybe Singer or something else). It's on the Chiang Mai/ Hang Dong Rd. a couple of hundred meters north of Airport Central Plaza on the opposite side of the street.

Drove past this place today. Clloser to 100 meters north of ACP ob opposite side of road. It sells " Janome " brand sewing machines.

There is also a SInger World wide shop at .. Nong hoy Road .. after the super junction toward UFO bowling ..

Here is a Map for you .

music-sound-map2.gif

Singer - Is really JUSt beside this CAr audio shop .

if you take Note .is in RED . color logo " SINGER"

good luck if you still can't find it please Pm me