Sam Roi Yot National Park

ExpatLife

I have been there once before but that was 3 years ago. My sister is currently visiting me in HH and it is the first time I have seen her in 6 years! So far having a great time catching up and seeing HH and the surrounding areas. She wants to go there and I must admit it is one of, if not the most beautiful part of Asia I have ever visited. The problem is getting there. I do not own a car but I do own a bike and did ride there last time. But she is not feeling the journey there on a bike and I don't blame her. I am sure there is a train there but once there, to my knowledge, it is so vast that getting around on foot is pretty much impossible? Any help or advice..?

Go to Hua Hin or Prajuab Kiri Khan and arrange to hire a taxi and driver for a day, preferably one who knows the area, will do as you ask and is happy to drive around all day and not one who just takes you where he wants to go. Negotiate the price and conditions in advance so that there are no upsets, arguments and added extras at payment time.

I recommend One Foto Store in Condochain, Hua Hin. Rot speaks good English and he will stay with you and get you where you need to go. We have done a few trips with him.

Go on a weekday and go early to beat the heat and crowds. Weekends not recommended. Tour minivans and busses are ongoing.

The Temple in the Cave is great.

Sam rio yod tried to charge me and 2 Thai farang children 400baht each ,they said come with farang ,children pay price farang ,i will not go there again ,maybe different if have a Thai adult with me .i went to the office to complain and they said boss come in 3 hour .

What happens if it starts to rain ? Maybe just take her to the mall. She can see Batman VS Superman, 2 1/2 hours, then eat, and go home.

Forget the parks, she can get bitten by insects and and be put in hospital. Do you want that to happen to her ? She can go to the park

when she gets home. She wants to go to the mall. Give 20-30,000 bt and let her enjoy herself.

I recommend One Foto Store in Condochain, Hua Hin. Rot speaks good English and he will stay with you and get you where you need to go. We have done a few trips with him.

Go on a weekday and go early to beat the heat and crowds. Weekends not recommended. Tour minivans and busses are ongoing.

The Temple in the Cave is great.

Thanks for the advice, that sounds like one of the best ideas and yes the cave is awesome, there are a few caves if I recall though. I spent all day there and didn't see everything!

However we have decided to checkout Pala-U and maybe Pranburi forest instead, but thanks a lot and I will keep it in mind for myself in the future as I do wish to go back.

What happens if it starts to rain ? Maybe just take her to the mall. She can see Batman VS Superman, 2 1/2 hours, then eat, and go home.

Forget the parks, she can get bitten by insects and and be put in hospital. Do you want that to happen to her ? She can go to the park

when she gets home. She wants to go to the mall. Give 20-30,000 bt and let her enjoy herself.

Moronic response accompanied by atrocious grammar.

post-255857-0-39853700-1459300226_thumb.

buy an umbrella?

Did the trip ourselves on Friday. Very enjoyable - except for the walk up to the cave.

Also included a few other places south of HH.

3 adults and 2 teens. Ended up hiring a Toyota mini bus. Very comfortable and more importantly a very good driver.

Air conditioned and as I discovered late in the trip wifi.

2.5k for the day.

And I will agree with the OP beautiful part of the world.

Edited by pcliff069

Did the trip ourselves on Friday. Very enjoyable - except for the walk up to the cave.

Also included a few other places south of HH.

3 adults and 2 teens. Ended up hiring a Toyota mini bus. Very comfortable and more importantly a very good driver.

Air conditioned and as I discovered late in the trip wifi.

2.5k for the day.

And I will agree with the OP beautiful part of the world.

We did not go unfortuntely, but I will go there again some day in the future as it is the most beautiful place I have ever visited. Glad you enjoyed it :D