PM Prayut invites US investors to Thailand

webfact

PM invites US investors to Thailand

usa.jpg

WASHINGTON DC, 31 March 2016 (NNT) – The Prime Minister has invited US investors to take part in infrastructure projects in Thailand’s Special Economic Zones (SEZ).

On the occasion of his visit to the United States to take part in the 4th Nuclear Security Summit taking place in Washington DC, Prime Minister Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha took part in a dinner hosted by the US-ASEAN Business Council and the US Chamber of Commerce.

The Prime Minister took the opportunity to report Thailand’s reform progress to the assembled business leaders and government representatives, affirming his administration’s “stable, prosperous, sustainable” concept and explaining how it will serve as a foundation for economic growth.

He asserted that the Thai economy has many strong points and that his government has amended several regulations to attract investment, especially in its SEZs.

The premier affirmed Thailand intends to join the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) to create new avenues for trade. He asked that the US aid Thailand and ASEAN in bringing the TPP to fruition.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-31 footer_n.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PM to accept award at Nuclear Security Summit in U.S. today

BANGKOK, 31 March 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has arrived in Washington D.C. to attend the fourth Nuclear Security Summit and discuss possible trade and business cooperation with American entrepreneurs.

Deputy Government Spokesperson Maj Gen Weerachon Sukhonthapatipak said the Prime Minister met with members of the US-ASEAN Business Council and U.S. Chamber of Commerce during the gala dinner on his first day in Washington D.C.

The Prime Minister discussed with them the possibility of establishing business ties and further strengthening existing ones. The government spokesperson said the discussions reflected the credibility of Thai businesses in the eyes of American investors.

Gen Prayut is scheduled to accept an award today in recognition of Thailand’s use of nuclear technology in the fields of medicine, public health and education, along with 16 other nations. The Premier will later attend the gala dinner hosted by U.S. President Barrack Obama with 50 other leaders at the White House.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-31 footer_n.gif

"The premier affirmed Thailand intends to join the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) to create new avenues for trade. He asked that the US aid Thailand and ASEAN in bringing the TPP to fruition."

from TPP website:

"TPP will make it easier for American entrepreneurs, farmers, and small business owners to sell Made-In-America products abroad by eliminating more than 18,000 taxes & other trade barriers on American products across the 11 other countries in the TPP—barriers that put American products at an unfair disadvantage today."

So a $10 bottle of California wine will not be $25 anymore? :)

https://ustr.gov/tpp/

the master diplomat at work, those other leaders there, will be firing their thai language translators, the leaders will think they are lying.

the master said 'and i got cherry fined 5000 baht'

How does that work practically? Do they all wear earphones while eating or are his translators sitting right next to him at the table?

the master diplomat at work, those other leaders there, will be firing their thai language translators, the leaders will think they are lying.

the master said 'and i got cherry fined 5000 baht'

How does that work practically? Do they all wear earphones while eating or are his translators sitting right next to him at the table?

not sure mate, seen both methods used, speaker-translator-listener via earphone eg un assembly, or translator sitting or standing behind.

in this blokes case, he can speak some english.

but i doubt any who was there would be paying him much attention.

Why anyone, especially anyone from the U.S., would want to invest here under the current circumstances would be a considerable mystery...

But it's equally amazing to hear how what's said abroad to foreign audiences conflicts so dramatically with the reality on the ground here in LOS.

If anyone's believing it, they DESERVE to invest here.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

American Chamber of Commerce doesn't mention anything of the event and you have to look in the calendar of US-ASEAN to find anything mentioned.

Apparently no one else but the dear leader thought this was an important event. According to The Diplomat the hour-long speech was even delivered in Thai.

American Chamber of Commerce doesn't mention anything of the event and you have to look in the calendar of US-ASEAN to find anything mentioned.

Apparently no one else but the dear leader thought this was an important event. According to The Diplomat the hour-long speech was even delivered in Thai.

the usa probably sent the staff member level 2 clerk who drew the short straw.

the master speaking for one hour, i thought his 'restoring happines' speeches were bad enough.

hope the wine was good, i reckon i could have knocked off 2 bottles during his speech.

I wonder if he travels with Thai food or eats the local cuisine.

And i wonder what they all eat during an official dinner like that in the USA. Pizza or Macmeals? I have never seen an american cook in a cookingshow (i've seen all of them) showing american recipes'. I did see when Gordon Ramsey was there to do "attitude adjustment" to some restaurantowners which was hilarious.

I guess they served mr Prayuth some shakes with added protein and pills to be healthy. I always hear americans speaking about that. Even Thai who live there eat them.

I don't want Thailand involved in anything with the word Nuclear in it. They tested the Tsunami sirens today in Phuket and found a failure rate of 25%, okay for Thai quality standards. whistling.gif

I don't want Thailand involved in anything with the word Nuclear in it. They tested the Tsunami sirens today in Phuket and found a failure rate of 25%, okay for Thai quality standards. whistling.gif

You don undelstan thai system.

I bet they installed double the amount of sirens to protect the quality tourists. Also they have an sms-system now so the sirens are just extra for the ones with empty cellphones.

"The premier affirmed Thailand intends to join the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) to create new avenues for trade. He asked that the US aid Thailand and ASEAN in bringing the TPP to fruition."

from TPP website:

"TPP will make it easier for American entrepreneurs, farmers, and small business owners to sell Made-In-America products abroad by eliminating more than 18,000 taxes & other trade barriers on American products across the 11 other countries in the TPP—barriers that put American products at an unfair disadvantage today."

So a $10 bottle of California wine will not be $25 anymore? :)

https://ustr.gov/tpp/

No! That extra money goes to customs in Thailand. It will still cost a lot. Their are just going to be more high priced products allowed here from the USA. At least that's how I understood your link to mean.

the master speaking for one hour, i thought his 'restoring happines' speeches were bad enough.

hope the wine was good, i reckon i could have knocked off 2 bottles during his speech.

Ohh come on now! Surely you could have watched and listened and drunk all night listening to him! It would be like a night at the improv.

Ohh come on now! Surely you could have watched and listened and drunk all night listening to him! It would be like a night at the improv.

my good sir, 2 bottles when our master spoke, obviously you have never been on political party junket, wine and more wine.

pigs at the trough, ' keep working george'

improv, nobody could improv with him, he is in class of his own.

i think he could be a little bit 'different'

As an American, I think Thailand is a great place, I invest here daily.

I invest in Noodle soup daily, but nothing more risky than that. Sometime I feel that is a bit risky. smile.png

Got to love LOS's.

Edited by garyk

So far he has invited investors from quite a few countries but nobody seems to be accepting his invitation!

Most countries are only interested in selling things to Thailand, they are not interested in investing or buying(exports declining every month).

post-58284-0-61106900-1459432473_thumb.j

Dinner Guest #1: So what kind of business are you hoping to do in Thailand?

Dinner Guest #2: Nuclear power plants.

Dinner Guest #2: How about you?

Dinner Guest #1: Hot air balloons.

Dinner Guest #2: Seems like there's going to be more fuel for your business than for mine!

They have had a small nuclear reactor in Bkk for years, forget where but glad i'm not too close!