Phuket Hotel Advice

gatekeeperdi

Hi,

I`m planning a trip to Thailand and Cambodia for late next year. Yes I know it`s ages away but I have a back problem so picking the right hotels and itinerary are so important for me.

My hubby and I are looking at either the Sheraton Grande Laguna or Le Meridian

Phuket Beach Resort in Phuket. We love the look of the Sheraton, but I have read that the buildings are spread all over the complex. As I find walking very far quite painful, I was wondering if anyone knew what the situation was there. Are there any buggies that take clients around the complex and if so how long do you normally have to wait to pick one up? What are your experiences of these hotels?

We are also thinking of staying at the Bangkok Marriott Resort and Spa at the beginning of the trip to do some sightseeing in Bangkok. Hopefully we will then go on to Siem Reap, staying at the Sofitel Royal Angkor, before finishing the holiday in Phuket. Has anyone got any thoughts on these hotels too?

Any help would be really appreciated.

The Meridien Yacht Club at Nai Harn beach is the nicest place to stay at, right at Nai Harn beach, great hotel, I stayed there for a long time, you can feel right at home.

They fulfill special wishes, when the minibar fridge was not spacious enough for my cold storage requirements, they brought a huge pepsi display fridge into my room, when that one was too bright and noisy they moved it again for me out onto the balcony :o

When I needed a blender, they got me one. When I needed a kettle, they got me one, both I could keep for weeks. When I requested to not put snacks into my room, they removed them immediately.

When I wanted an automatic daily order for 3 extra litres of still water I got it most of the time, sometimes they forgot but a phone call sorted it out.

The pool is nice, they have a little gym with cardio equipment, the food is good and a nice and very cheap Thai restaurant is right next to the hotel. They have parking for your car or bike.

Oh and they gave me a free mountain bike to use :D

The rooms have high speed internet thats very fast and reliable.

The beach is great in the high season, for me Nai Harn is the nicest area of Phuket.

Edited by g00dgirl

The Meridien in Nai harn is very nice and the beach is arguably the nicest. (it is my favorite too).

The place is for the well heeled though. It is also fairly isolated which can be good or bad depending on what you want.