Travel back with my dog.

Narsattack

Hi everyone I'm Marion I'll travel back with my dog in Europe. This is crazy complicated and I really need your advises.

I have a pompom small dog though and air line companies need IATA dog kennel. I couldn't find one on Cm.

Do you guys have answer and advises to me please ?

Enjoy songkran xxxx

Hi.

I am doing this process myself to give my dog a dog passport / papers.. I probably dont intend to take him right now but if I do end up living 50/50 my dog is too important and however stressful flying may be for him, its nto as stressful as not being together 6 months of any year.

For the EU you need 3 months. You need to do the rabies vaccine (presumably already done) and microchipped, then there needs to be another test after 30 days.. finally at 90 days there has to be a expensive test conducted by an EU certified laboratory, I am told this will be 10 - 12k baht.

The pet hospital on mahidol Rd, just before chiang Mai land heading east, are familiar with the system and can prepare your papers.

Thats for EU entry.. I understand you need to get an animal export permit also. But am told thats just a formality.

This is based on research of the last month.. But not yet done. If you hear otherwise 100% for sure, please post here.

Hi livinLos

Thanks for your message. You're totally right about everything. This is complitly insane.

I know about the small animal hospital.

There is something more. Prior departure you have to go to Bangkok airport and ask for an international health certificate. This is important.

About the import permit i really don't know I'm French and I can call someone here if you want. Where will you plan to go ?

i have a big Question if I'm just traveling with my dog in cabine and I have to do an stop in Europe buts gay in transit in the airport. Do I need all this shit ?

Best regards

Marion

There is something more. Prior departure you have to go to Bangkok airport and ask for an international health certificate. This is important.

Hello, for others a couple of years ago myself included, the international health certificate is at a different location. Getting to and from the office needs to be factored into your travel time, as with planning on any unexpected level of activity in the office. I was the first they served when I should up at 9 in the morning, our visit only taking a little over an hour with friendly service from goverment employees, my friends arrived at the office at 10 AM and were no finished until 3 PM. Honestly with the busyness in the office and the lack of staff that day they were concerned they were even going to obtain the certificate that day and make a late night flight.

At a friends recommendation, and Care's for dogs staff, we stayed in Bangkok for the night before leaving and the required quarantine time for my dog for my travels.

Hello, for others a couple of years ago myself included, the international health certificate is at a different location. Getting to and from the office needs to be factored into your travel time, as with planning on any unexpected level of activity in the office. I was the first they served when I should up at 9 in the morning, our visit only taking a little over an hour with friendly service from goverment employees, my friends arrived at the office at 10 AM and were no finished until 3 PM. Honestly with the busyness in the office and the lack of staff that day they were concerned they were even going to obtain the certificate that day and make a late night flight.

At a friends recommendation, and Care's for dogs staff, we stayed in Bangkok for the night before leaving and the required quarantine time for my dog for my travels.

How long is this paperwork valid for ??

We quite regularly go stay with family just outside bangkok and take the dog.. So would be simple to get in advance, if it is valid for a decent window. Feels much easier than flights, leaving airport, bangkok accommodation with a dog, etc.