Thai police officer who shot dead dog turns himself in to apologize

webfact

Can agree with the motivation but not the action. If there was any possibility of some positive it would be that the issue of copious number of stray dogs needs to be remedied nationally with authorative and humane long term outcome. In my area annual distributions of rabies and distemper shots are handed out to those "owners" of a dog who want them. A bit pointless when the strays go untreated. The local temple is constantly over run with sickly and permanently injured dogs and cats. Rarely does anyone "rescue" anything but a kitten.

Sack him. While the Soi dogs can be dangerous, a cop prepared to shoot something because he is angry is much more dangerous.

This wasn't protecting him or his family. The incident he claims happened was two days before the shooting. He didn't bother with legal process but decided to enact his own form of justice.

Dangerous and unfit to carry firearms

What legal process are you referring to?

Please tell me, because I have about 50,000 soi dogs all over Thailand that need to be reported to that government agency you are talking about where you can start the legal process to get them removed.

In Bangkok you contact the BMA which is responsible for the control of dangerous animals.

However my point was more about the dangers of a legally armed man deciding to shoot dogs two days after the alleged incident.

It is one thing to shoot an animal attacking you or others and a completely different one when deciding to shoot dogs two days after an alleged incident.

Is there actually any proof the dogs he shot were the ones responsible for this incident.

If there was one that is.

Armed men should exercise greater control.

I doubt the BMA will take any action or will feel any responsibility when things go wrong.

But agree with your main point; someone who acts so "immature" towards dogs should never be allowed to hold a firearm.

It's pretty hard to blame him. two days ago I and the wife were riding our bicycles past a neighbor's house and his dog ran out and bit me, I was so fortunate that it bit me in my foot and I had good shoes on. There really needs to be some protection mechanisms for people here...at least more than there is for dogs.

Dog in Farangland. Upon reaching sexual maturity or before the caring, loving farang dog owner chops your nuts off. You are now a ladyboydog. You spend most of your life alone, locked up in a backyard waiting for your owner to arrive home at night and feed you some canned <deleted>.

Even if you manage to escape, you probably won't find any other dogs to socialize with as they will all be locked up and some human in a van with a rope will catch you and lock you in a cage. If your owner doesn't come and get you in two weeks you are put on death row and murdered.

You might be lucky to go out once a day with your owner with a chain around your neck and told where to walk.

Dog in Thailand. Hold on to those precious nuts, you are a man dog. Bitches everywhere. Free to cruise around and hump as many as you can. Also sniff around and score some tasty Thai food that is in abundance because Thai people always order too much and there is plenty of leftovers. Different everyday. Tasty.

Cruise on up to the temple where you find your mates and a few bitches and probably somebody leaving piles of food for you when you are worn out humping the bitches. No chains.

If I come back as a dog I hope i am a Thai dog. (But not in Sakon Nakorn)

...not a lot of difference is there..dogs and men!

Workfriend of my wife had the same; jogging and dog runs out of a house to bite him.

Friend went to the hospital, where he also works, and the total bill for rabies shots (serum) was 50k. Hope that taught the owner of the dog a lesson.

It is one thing to shoot an animal attacking you or others and a completely different one when deciding to shoot dogs two days after an alleged incident.

Twice you have posted this - a read of the OP will show that it is not true

" Two days afterward, he added that his wife was again threatened by some of the dogs. "

But doesn't say why she was attacked. I do not believe she was attacked for no reason. In fact I do not really believe she was actually attacked. More likely, the dogs barked at her for threatening them. Maybe.

Edited by hugh2121

Twice you have posted this - a read of the OP will show that it is not true

" Two days afterward, he added that his wife was again threatened by some of the dogs. "

Yep good point. However there is still no evidence the alleged incident happened.

Nor is there any evidence he shot the dogs involved in the incident, if it happened.

None of which detracts from my point that he is unfit to carry arms.

Unbelievable. Dogs threaten your family, you take care of business, and this is wrong. When I was a kid, had two paper routes. I am like 10 or 11 years old. My Father filled up a water pistol with bleach, said if you are being attacked, one good squirt in the face will end it quickly. What is so hard to understand - it is a dog, the cops family are human. Oh NO, poor little Fluffy, or Muggy, or some such other name is being bad. What are you going to do - wave your finger at him and say 'Bad Dog ? ' He is attacking you. All bets are off at this point.

I agree with everyone who wants rid of these feral dogs.

However, protect yourself from dogs by carrying a stout stick. The dogs will see the stick and you will probably never need to use it: they will steer clear!

You haven't been walking in my neighborhood have you? Pulling out a stick only makes the dogs more angry and aggressive, and once the other neighborhood dogs hear the commotion caused by you fighting off their friends with a stick they come running also. The grave marker will say..." but he had a stick"

Come on everyone knows if a dog plays up - hit it on the nose-have you ever heard of the phrase ' a dogs bark is worse than his bite' - mans best friend!

Wake up loosers

It's losers, not loosers. If you are going to insult people at least spell it right.

Edited by Lee4Life

However, protect yourself from dogs by carrying a stout stick. The dogs will see the stick and you will probably never need to use it: they will steer clear!

You haven't been walking in my neighborhood have you? Pulling out a stick only makes the dogs more angry and aggressive, and once the other neighborhood dogs hear the commotion caused by you fighting off their friends with a stick they come running also. The grave marker will say..." but he had a stick"

Nonsense.

Nonsense.

Then you need lessons in managing your stick. Of course, the dogs where you live are the worst dogs on the planet aren't they?

Your mistake is pulling out a stick. Who pulls out a stick? I told you to carry a stick. In that way even your monstrous dogs will see it long before you get near them.

In all my years I have had to whack only one dog with the stick I was carrying.

Nonsense indeed!

&lt;deleted&gt;!!!,,, shooting dogs,, carrying unauthorised guns in a public place ,, imo he's an a<deleted> e, he deserves his comenupence .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

^^^ That is the whole idea. If someone is not going to control these animals then do not moan and scream when someone else steps in and does it. For you and all the other people who walk on these Sois. Are you out there giving rabies shots. mange treatment, feeding them ? I would guess all the moaners on here have never did it. Maybe have a 2kg fuzzy ball of whatever at home who they call a dog - you know, the Yap-Yap-Yap kind whenever anyone walks by the gate. This country needs a cull - guys in pickups going up and down the Sois with non lethal means of getting a muzzle and a leash on them. Off to the nearest pound. Then all the do gooders can come down and adopt 47 dogs and give them a good home. Like that will ever happen. No adoption - Sayonara