US says Russian planes buzzed Navy ship in Baltic Sea

webfact

Oh, you spent months(!) in the Baltics last year. And I spent more than 40 years in the region, many of which in the armed forces. So will kindly reject your advice on this matter.

Your rant about Ukraine, Syria and other places where US and its puppet partners in NATO have instigated unrest, shows clearly that you don't have the faintest idea of what you are talking about. Anyone that knows anything on this subject would agree.

Yep. Only a month. But more time than some reading this thread. And it was very educational. If you were there for 40 years, you are Russian? That could explain your bias. Which is understandable. We all have one.

No, I am not Russian, so no bias there. Speaking about education, you might want to pick up a map and see how many countries are neighboring the Baltic Sea, since it seams you were too busy doing other things during your one month stay to notice.

It's never too late to learn something new, you know.

Went to every one except Kalingrad. Every one. Been all over Russia also. Great country. At 84 countries now, 90 by the end of June. Slow travel. Spent 4 years just traveling around the world.

Let's play nice. Ok?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here you have the SU-24 with 2 Khibiny modules just under the wings :

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1460713133.111316.jpg

Cite your authoritative source.

Absent a cited authoritative source, your unlinked photo is a standard photo of a standard Russian Su-24 fighter-bomber the Russian Air Force has been using since the 1970s.

The photo does not show the presence of the Khibiny anti-missile defense system on the Su-24. The reason is that the Khibiny system is not installed on the Russian warplane. The reason for that is the Khibiny system as of the end of last month was still in its experimental and developmental state. What's more, the experimental missile is installed on the Su-24 wingtip, not at or next to the Su-24 underbelly.

www.defenseworld.

The Russian Khibiny anti-missile system is used by Russian tanks to defend against TOW anti-tank missiles. Khibiny was never an air defense system to be used against airborne offensive missiles. Russians are trying to adapt it to use by their warplanes. The system is not yet operational. It is up to this moment only an experimental effort. It is not an accomplished fact.

Russia Claims Its Bomber Jammed U.S. Destroyer

Don’t believe it

A Russian Su-24 bomber buzzed the U.S. Navy destroyer USS Donald Cook in the Black Sea in early April, escalating the military standoff over Ukraine and outraging American officials.

Now Russian media claims that the Su-24 managed to jam Donald Cook’s Aegis air-defense system, which combines radars and long-range missiles. “The algorithm of the radar in the Aegis system on the destroyer did not load under the influence of jamming by the Su-24,” the Russian Radio Website reported.

It’s a bullshit story

https://warisboring.com/russia-claims-its-bomber-jammed-u-s-destroyer-8b58c9b56515#.molx2ukce

Youse Putin fanbois' claims in the posts and photo are absolute hogwash. All claims in either respect are false and they are a conscious Putin con and a deliberate Putin fanbois scam.

Your post is good, but there's a lack of basic knowledge of Russian warfare equipment.

"The SU-24 was developed in the 70's" statement is correct. The rest is not correct, and I will do my best to explain.

The SU-24 in his design has movable wings. Which makes it impossible for aerodynamics to install the Khibiny modules on the wingtips. The picture I've provided is from a SU-24 with 2 Khibiny modules under the wings. Here's a link of how a Khibiny module looks like.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khibiny_(electronic_countermeasures_system)

Later Sukhoi models have not moving wings, in which you will see the Khibiny modules installed correctly on the wingtips.

Russian tank warfare won't use the Khibiny modules. Although it's off topic, here you have the latest models deployed in Syria by the army of Assad.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1460781587.814077.jpg

Russian electronic warfare has a minimum of 15 years advanced technology to the technology deployed by NATO members.

A minimum knowledge of Russian warfare technology is required in order to be able to discuss the many discrepancies...

Here's a link of how a Khibiny module looks like.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khibiny_(electronic_countermeasures_system)

The link is dead. You can't cite an authoritative source to support your claim that your posted photo of an Su-24 shows it has the Khibiny anti-missile weapon. I said you were blowing smoke and now it is conclusively true that you are blowing smoke. It is beyond dispute.

Russian electronic warfare has a minimum of 15 years advanced technology to the technology deployed by NATO members.

A minimum knowledge of Russian warfare technology is required in order to be able to discuss the many discrepancies...

More smoke.

Accuracy and fact would be a good if strange starting point for a Putin fanboi. Here is some actual expert opinion to help.....

Five Russian Weapons of War NATO Should Fear

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/five-russian-weapons-war-nato-should-fear-10816

Five NATO Weapons of War Russia Should Fear

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/five-nato-weapons-war-russia-should-fear-10769

5 Russian Weapons of War America Should Fear

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/5-russian-weapons-war-america-should-fear-12016

5 U.S. Weapons of War Russia Should Fear

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/5-us-weapons-war-russia-should-fear-12026

Edited by Publicus

What do all you experts think this is (SU 34)? What was it Publicus wrote? "You can't cite an authoritative source to support your claim that your posted photo of an Su-24 shows it has the Khibiny anti-missile weapon"

post-246924-0-77593400-1460801410_thumb.

post-246924-0-80019100-1460801633_thumb.

Edited by Scotwight

The conflict could not ended with downing the SU-24's with a Phalanx.

While jamming the radar system, the S-400 missiles at Kaniningrad would have been operational. Even so, the region is also defended with many submarines with missiles launching capabilities.

It's uncommon to see a solo US destroyer nearing the Russian enclave. Knowing that the Russian S-400 missiles have a target range of 500 kms.

Weapons superiority was on the Russian side...

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/us-air-force-fears-russias-s-400-europe-14883

Everything went normally, American radars calculated the speed of the approaching target. And suddenly all the screens went blank. “Aegis” was not working any more, and the rockets could not get target information. Meanwhile, Su-24 flew over the deck of the destroyer, did battle turn and simulated missile attack on the target. Then it turned and repeated the maneuver. And did so 12 times.

Apparently, all efforts to revive the “Aegis” and provide target information for the defence failed.

The system with which the Russian Su-24 shocked the American destroyer “Donald Cook” has the code name “Khibiny”. This is the name of the mountain range on the Kola Peninsula in the Arctic Circle. “Khibiny” is the newest complex for radioelectronic jamming of the enemy. They will be installed on all the advanced Russian planes .

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/11/13/aegis-fail-in-black-sea-ruskies-burn-down-uss-donald-duck/

Weapons superiority was on the Russian side...

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/us-air-force-fears-russias-s-400-europe-14883

The Russian Almaz-Antey S-400 Triumf weapons system is an air defense system. It is designed to execute against incoming missiles and airborne offensive weapons. The linked article points out the fact. The S-400 has nothing to do against ships at sea. The linked article points this out. It does not support the wild claim made in the post you quote.

The system with which the Russian Su-24 shocked the American destroyer “Donald Cook” has the code name “Khibiny”. This is the name of the mountain range on the Kola Peninsula in the Arctic Circle. “Khibiny” is the newest complex for radioelectronic jamming of the enemy. They will be installed on all the advanced Russian planes .

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/11/13/aegis-fail-in-black-sea-ruskies-burn-down-uss-donald-duck/

Your post raises the question of when the Russians equipped their air forces with the Khibiny S-400 weapons platform and system.

Khibiny S-400 is an air defense system against missiles. US Navy warships do not travel by air.

As of the end of last month, the Russian AF said it is still experimenting with adapting its tank defense system used against TOW missiles fired at tanks to air force fighter-bomber jets as a defensive weapon. The scheme remains presently a plan, not a reality.

The two systems are not the same nor are they connected.

So anyway, what planet do youse Putin fanbois come from that presents to youse all of these humongously superior Russian weapons systems that keep defeating the United States and which the Pentagon doesn't know about and against which it has no defenses. That's quite some planet youse Putin fanbois and con artists are on out there.

Russian S-400 missiles can be deployed in naval warfare.

USS Thomas Cook is equipped with Tomahawk cruise missiles which can be easily neutralised with the S-400 Russian defense missiles. Those S-400 battalions installed in Kalinigrad are within target range of the US Thomas Cook.

NATO expressed its concerns due to latest S-400 mobilisation in January 2016 in Kalinigrad.

Your quote : "Your post raises the question of when the Russians equipped their Air Forces with the Khibiny S-400 weapons platform and system"

=>The latest S-400 battalions were deployed in January 2016 :

http://osnetdaily.com/2016/01/russias-buildup-of-s-400-missile-batteries-in-kaliningrad-is-freaking-out-nato/

=>The Khibiny module installed on the SU-24's is logically unknown.

Your quote : "The scheme remains presently a plan, not a reality.

=>Here again it's a little bit off topic, but you can use the knowledge for future threads. Russian tank defense systems were already performant in the 80's with the 9M119 modules.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M119

Latest update of another tank defense system can be seen here and fully operational in Syria:

http://defence-blog.com/army/in-syria-spotted-new-protection-system-for-tanks-and-armored-vehicles.html

Cheers !

USS Thomas Cook is,,,,,

within target range of the US Thomas Cook.

Once again and unfortunately for sure, Thomas Cook is your travel agent. The US Navy Aegis system guided missile destroyer at the center of these incidents is the USS Donald Cook DDG 75.

The latest S-400 battalions were deployed in January 2016

Yes air defense system. Congratulations are in order on this one. The S-400 didn't have the capability to black out a US Navy ship then or ever, and it still does not have the capability, nor will it have the capability going forward foreseeably.

Latest update of another tank defense system can be seen here and fully operational in Syria:

http://defence-blog.com/army/in-syria-spotted-new-protection-system-for-tanks-and-armored-vehicles.html

I'd already seen it under my own steam thx and I'd referenced it as well. Do try to keep up plse thx. Yes, it is the Russian Khibiny tank defense system that is designed to stop TOW anti-tank missiles. The same Khibiny system Russian scientists are trying to, of all things, adapt to use by their Air Forces. When tanks fly so rotsa ruck with that.

Btw, just a reminder the Montreux Convention is about the Black Sea and Crimea, the Strait of Bosporus, the Dardanelles and not about the Baltic Sea. It's always been so.

Edited by Publicus

What do all you experts think this is (SU 34)? What was it Publicus wrote? "You can't cite an authoritative source to support your claim that your posted photo of an Su-24 shows it has the Khibiny anti-missile weapon"

That is not the photo he posted.

It's the photo I posted (excluding insert photo).

The photo shows the experimental and incomplete Khibiny tube on the wingtip. The system is still being researched and developed and introduced in steps and stages by Russian military scientists. It is not currently operational.

Here is the link I had already put in my post #75 to the thread...

http://www.defensewo...es#.VxEaHdIdDjs

Next youse guyz are going to try to say I got the link from youse Putin fanbois laugh.png

Edited by Publicus

Publicus I use globalfirepower.com USA, China Russia are pretty evenly matched on overall comparisons.

Russia can buzz US Navy all they want no way America will take them on. Destroyer Commander takes out an unarmed Russian Fighter I guarantee you that is the last order he gives before his destroyer is hit by a missile fired from a Russian Submarine 100 klms away. International waters, unarmed fighter plane? The US crew can stand and laugh but the joke would be on them if they dared get trigger happy.

Putin turns up at an International meeting a Russian Aircraft Carrier sits off the coast in International waters and I guarantee there are five Russian Submarines lurking nearby.

Putin is no fool.

These Su-24s are from the 70s. The Russians are trying to demonstrate that the US presence in the region is nothing but a show and a farce trying to embolden and agitate the Baltic countries. If the sh*t really hits the fan - the yanks will be first to actually withdraw their troops from there - they will definitely not start a war with Russia over Estonia or whatever. It's not a reckless action - they are doing everything to prevent a conflict. The Russians want normal relations with the Baltics - it's the Russians who set them free in the first place. The Americans DO want an escalation in Europe, as what they organized in Ukraine and Syria. But as we saw with Ukraine and Syria, US just do a lot of skimming and under the table agitation and support on all sides of the conflict - but when all sides start fighting each other - they don't even show up, but act like it's not their problem it's just that the "world" has a problem, and none are better than the Americans... The Americans are pretty much the key root cause to all the conflicts around the world in the last 100 or so years.

In any case, I think almost every average American soldier understands that they have no business even being there. If there's an escalation the US have no chance of winning the conflict - their troops don't want to fight the Russians. But the Russians are saying that they don't mind going Kamikaze on the Americans if they have to - it's not hard to tell who's going to win the conflict if it actually starts - my guess is, it's going to be much worse for the Yanks than the Korea war if they actually try to use force in the region. This is precisely the message that the Russians are trying to send to the Baltics and others - conflict with Russia is what they all should want to avoid, because the Yanks won't show up to help them or will be completely ineffective if it really comes down to any kind of hot engagement against the Russians - pretty much all US troops would poop their pants if they were actually ordered to fire on the Russians - so I don't understand what's the point for them to even be there. The Yanks are really using some of the Baltic countries as their guinea pigs against Russia - nothing more - they couldn't care less about the fate of the people in any of those countries - that's why they are trying to stir up this conflict in the first place. The best case scenario is for the Yanks to get the Russians and their neighbours fighting each other so the Americans can profit from it - as they did so many times before. Whereas the Russians - I think they just want to normalize their relationship with everybody around them, but the Yanks are always getting in the way.

Your analysis is spot on. The purpose of the current US troop deployment to Europe is not military, but merely political. The Yanks have no intention to get into a fight with the Russians, which in any case would be a losing proposition looking at the numbers and capacity. They prefer others to take the fight for them if it comes to that.

The overall purpose with the US mission to Europe is to cut off the growing trade connection between predominantly Germany and Russia, which has succeeded so far, at the expense of the European people.

Someone must have woken up the old Stalinist CP Tankies, some of whom appear to have retired to Thailand. The nonsense suggestion that Putin has peaceful intentions vis a vis the Baltic States is some kind of joke. The last thing the Baltic States want is to revert to Russian influence. Russian 'normalization' of relations with everybody around them. cheesy.gif Who writes this stuff?

Publicus I use globalfirepower.com USA, China Russia are pretty evenly matched on overall comparisons.

Russia can buzz US Navy all they want no way America will take them on. Destroyer Commander takes out an unarmed Russian Fighter I guarantee you that is the last order he gives before his destroyer is hit by a missile fired from a Russian Submarine 100 klms away. International waters, unarmed fighter plane? The US crew can stand and laugh but the joke would be on them if they dared get trigger happy.

Putin turns up at an International meeting a Russian Aircraft Carrier sits off the coast in International waters and I guarantee there are five Russian Submarines lurking nearby.

Putin is no fool.

You are stating what has been the obvious at the Pentagon and in Washington for more than the past 50 years. Rules of Engagement. That is, do not engage.

Putin is a Chekist.

Putin is a Czarist-Leninist-Chekist.

A dictator.

Putin is no fool.

You are stating what has been the obvious at the Pentagon and in Washington for more than the past 50 years. Rules of Engagement. That is, do not engage.

Putin is a Chekist.

Putin is a Czarist-Leninist-Chekist.

A dictator.

Putin is a very dangerous person I wouldn't bother trying to put a label on him. Just stay well away. Putin will do what he wishes America has no say in it.

Your picture is indeed an SU-34, but the Khibiny stealth system is also available on the SU-24.

The Khibiny-10V is a version installed internally instead of the wingtips.

Khibiny is made by KRET. They were never used on...tanks...but apparently the export version for aircraft is commercially available...

While some rumours pretend in vain that testing is still ongoing. The USS Cook was defensless after all.

http://www.kret.com/en/news/3919/

http://www.deagel.com/Aircraft-Protection-Systems/Khibiny_a002981001.aspx

post-171721-14608067321304_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thorgal

Putin is no fool.

No. but he only has one carrier working right now.

The photo shows the experimental and incomplete Khibiny tube on the wingtip. The system is still being researched and developed and introduced in steps and stages by Russian military scientists. It is not currently operational.

Next youse guyz are going to try to say I got the link from youse Putin fanbois laugh.png

Sorry, the redhead at the Galaxy club on Walking street tells me Khibiny is operational - why would she lie?

Your picture is indeed an SU-34, but the Khibiny stealth system is also available on the SU-24.

The Khibiny-10V is a version installed internally instead of the wingtips.

Khibiny is made by KRET. They were never used on...tanks...but apparently the export version for aircraft is commercially available...

While some rumours pretend in vain that testing is still ongoing. The USS Cook was defensless after all.

http://www.kret.com/en/news/3919/

http://www.deagel.com/Aircraft-Protection-Systems/Khibiny_a002981001.aspx

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1460806731.023114.jpg

Tell your travel agent about this if you would plse thx.....

640px-Sukhoi_Su-24_inflight_Mishin-3.jpg

A Russian Sukhoi SU-24 Fencer aka the Millennium Falcon Turkey. Still lumbering

through the skies since 1979...and with ultra modern equipment too, or so the Putin

fanbois do say.

US Naval Institute looked into the stuff coming out of Russia and the Putin fanboy fringe concerning the USS Thomas Donald Cook supposedly getting its Aegis radar and targeting system demolished on April 9th 2014 by a Millenn Su-24 equipped with a Khibiny jammer or for that matter the S-400 air defense system. Here's what USNI said....

Following the 2014 Fencer flyby, reports in fringe Russian language blogs claimed the SU-24s were armed with a new jammer that rendered the SPY-1D radar inoperable on Cook — one of the Navy’s older guided missile destroyers.

At the time of the reports in 2014, USNI News investigated the possibility of a Russian super jammer capable of being fielded by a Fencer.

Several aviation and radar experts told USNI News the likelihood of a Russian fighter sized aircraft fielding a jammer capable of rendering a SPY-1D completely inoperable — as some Russian publications have claimed — was extremely remote. (emphasis added)

https://news.usni.org/2015/06/02/video-u-s-navy-denies-russian-fighters-chased-off-destroyer-uss-ross-in-black-sea

In other words, zilch.

The USN and the Pentagon are of course continuing with their 30-year project plan to increase the number of destroyers and cruisers outfitted with the Aegis system from its present total of 30 warships to 43 by the end of 2019 and to 97 overall by 2043. No need whatsoever to scrap the system or to do any major jiggering to it. No reason to even think about any such changes. Putin fanbois at the fringe notwithstanding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Ballistic_Missile_Defense_System#SM-3_and_SM-2_Block_IV_interceptors

Sorry, the redhead at the Galaxy club on Walking street tells me Khibiny is operational - why would she lie?

The redhead is a he. wub.png

A cop on Walking told me.

When he saw you striking up a cheery conversation.

Khibiny is a jamming system, period. It's not the Klingon's cloaking device.

How's Vlad doing btw...he doesn't look too good lately I'm afraid to say. gigglem.gif

Publicus you should resist doing the 'cross out' thing in your posts. It highlights your bias and devalues your posts. That Soviet SU-24 looks a little 'boxie' to me. Did Volvo design it? I like the newer sleek and curvy fighter jets. Very cool.

Interesting an old kluncker like the SU-24 can so effectively highlight the weakness of the US Navy.

Speaking of Russian air defense systems, does anyone here remember this? biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Are there any Germans here who remember when it happened? What was the feeling toward Rust back home? Hero? Crazy"

I've always put that down to the Russians' being a little nervous of over-reacting after shooting down a South Korean airliner. Whatever the cause, it was certainly a human factors problem, and bears little-to-no relationship to what would happen during a war. During a war, Red-on-Red happens.

Edited by Richard W

How's Vlad doing btw...he doesn't look too good lately I'm afraid to say. gigglem.gif

Hardly.

post-246924-0-28800200-1460864228_thumb.

Edited by Scotwight

Publicus you should resist doing the 'cross out' thing in your posts. It highlights your bias and devalues your posts. That Soviet SU-24 looks a little 'boxie' to me. Did Volvo design it? I like the newer sleek and curvy fighter jets. Very cool.

Interesting an old kluncker like the SU-24 can so effectively highlight the weakness of the US Navy.

My TVF inboxes are always open to suggestions thx equally idiosyncratic or otherwise.

set_of_recycle_garbage_bins_cg1p18455359

Emoticons, strikethrough and other features are options made available by the website, meaning it is up to the user, reactions notwithstanding.

Here is the current model of the US F-16 Fighting Falcon from the 1970s to the present, the one Nato member Turkey used to blow out of the skies the Russian Su-24 flying boxcar.

381_500x500.jpg

Edited by Publicus

My TVF inboxes are always open to suggestions thx equally idiosyncratic or otherwise.

Emoticons, strikethrough and other features are options made available by the website, meaning it is up to the user, reactions notwithstanding.

Here is the current model of the US F-16 Fighting Falcon from the 1970s to the present, the one Nato member Turkey used to blow out of the skies the Russian Su-24 flying boxcar.

381_500x500.jpg

lol okay put my suggestion in the recycle one please.

I love that F-16. Now that is a beautiful looking fighter jet. Could do with a few more missiles on it though. Do they come in Blue? Looks heaps better than the Russian SU-24

Hardly.

Yep that's her the redhead, third mug from the right.

Thx for that.

Bombs away.

Go down to the dog pound often?

The one in red at the right is lookin at me kid.

Edited by Publicus

381_500x500.jpg

I love that F-16. Now that is a beautiful looking fighter jet. Could do with a few more missiles on it though. Do they come in Blue? Looks heaps better than the Russian SU-24

Done already thx.

Do they come in Blue?

Not much but the ones in Thailand are purple and pink.

381_500x500.jpg

Done already thx.

Do they come in Blue?

Not much but the ones in Thailand are purple and pink.

Perfect I'll take two.

The USS Cook was defenseless after all.

Only in the sense that given the Russian planes were unarmed that the USS Cook would not have turned on state of the art systems in that situation. It is one thing to gather electronic intelligence (Elint) and it is just as important to not provide such information to others. The Cook is probably out there trying to collect Elint and is being harassed in a time honored tradition shared by both sides. The Ruskies are probably not turning on their current state of the art Khibiny thingy and the US is probably not turning on its Aegis systems. This whole brouhaha is just a big propaganda event for both Putin in Russia and the neocons in the US. I saw one video from the Cook showing two US sailors watching the flyby and they were quite relaxed, seem to know from which direction the plane was coming from (not easy as such small fast planes are not heard until quite close)and did not appear to be at general quarters. As for the report of the sailors resigning en masse from a previous such encounter, well that is just laughable.

The Cook knew the minute these planes took off and could have taken them out before they were visible by crew on the ship. An eye in the sky was nearby. Which was also buzzed while in international air space. I see provocation by one side here. Someone is going to make a mistake and then things will go pear shaped quickly. Dangerous stuff.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-air-force-plane-intercepted-russian-jet-unsafe-010356886.html

The Cook knew the minute these planes took off and could have taken them out before they were visible by crew on the ship. An eye in the sky was nearby. Which was also buzzed while in international air space. I see provocation by one side here. Someone is going to make a mistake and then things will go pear shaped quickly. Dangerous stuff.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-air-force-plane-intercepted-russian-jet-unsafe-010356886.html

As usual you see only what you want to see. Would like to see the US response if a Russian destroyer turned up in Hudson Bay 70km from a naval hub...

As usual you see only what you want to see. Would like to see the US response if a Russian destroyer turned up in Hudson Bay 70km from a naval hub...

I imagine the Canadians would have more reason to be concerned. :D

I wonder how USA would react if Russia started to have bases in Mexico, Canada,... and sail in international waters close to the USA national waters.

Guess the USA wouldn t be happy.

Damn last time this happened it was nearly a world war with Cuba.

But as long as good ol'US has military bases all around Russia, sail quite close from the russian waters, everything should be ok, right?

And at the same time Obama push to avoid a bill which could lead Saudi to trial for 9/11....what joke this country is

Dear George - Your trolling to hard.

Some people here might actually remember the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. Long ago and in fact back when little Vlad was just a low level KGB drone. Back then Russian Trawlers always hung outside the 12 mile INTERNATIONAL limit around US bases. Shock, Gasp, Horror!!

In actual practice that means 15 to 20 miles offshore from say ... San Diego, San Francisco and the Straits of Juan De Fuca between Vancouver Island Canada and the state of Washington US, where the ships from Bremerton Naval base and Bangor Trident sub base exit into the Pacific. They were there of course to gather radio information and drop there sonic microphones, er nets, to record the submarines propeller and engine signature. And many other bases, I just have first hand knowledge of these west coast bases.

How do I know, well you can read about it thumbsup.gif However I used to both fish and sail off the coast so we would see them. Always and incredible amount of radio antennas for s fishing boats, heh. Cuba had nothing to do with bases, but you know that.

The troll line you are spouting likely works better with an ignorant, uneducated rural population living in poverty. No matter if lacking in most western amenities, and banging it up with vodka they will have a satellite dish so they can suck up the latest in populist PR propaganda.

Go Troll Team ! biggrin.png

Edited by LomSak27