Looking for Dunlop 606 tyres

Can samui

Can only help you with tires in Ciang Mai , sorry. But you could also consider Michelin AC 10,s. Street legal in England too. You may also consider "local" brands , such as Mitas and Vee Rubber.

Edited by ktm jeff

Yes, IRC good mid-price-range choice.

http://www.ircthailand.com/ircthailand/index1.php?reqm=1&pmenu=eng&enth=0&pmain=product&mhead=Tire%20and%20Tube&phead=Product&tb=Off%20Road%20Tire&key=OFF%20ROAD%20TIRE

papa will stop by Pattaya Tire [MAXXIS] after Songkran and see if he has the 606.

Bought a Dunlop 604 rear from them but that is dual-sport tire.

taninthai , i know of Pirelli MT 21,s , but a 50/50 dual sport tire. AC 10 better in the dirt. How about IRC tires.

the site in the link quotes them as 90% off road 10% on road ,but I thought I've seen themm quoted as 60-40 favouring off road have to check the Michelin site.anyway I got them on my crf,but cannot help with off road review as since I put them on its been way to hot to do any off roading,I have done 3000km road riding with them and the rear is pretty worn not much use for of road now,they seem ok for road riding can't say I have had any problems with them.

Does seem most info on the net says 90%off road 10% on

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pirelli-mt21-rallycross-tires

I dont consider the MT 21 to be much more off-road biased than the tires ( IRC ? ) that the KLX / CRF come with. I ran MT 21,s on my Honda XR 650R for green laning in England , but that consisted of tarmac / Roman road and general off-road riding. I used AC 10,s in the winter , that i now use on my Husaberg FE 450 green laner. 3000KM on the road / tarmac is good ( mine lasted 1600 - 2000KM on the 650 ) and points to them being a pretty good road tire , more so than 90/10. The problem is trying to get the tires you want in Thailand , without having to import them. You cant always get what you want. Hang on , theres a song there !.laugh.png

Oh much more off road orientated then the tyres that come as standard just by looking g at the tread pattern you can see that ,m21 on the left standard on the right.

Yep I would expect a 650cc to wear em down a lot quicker obviously a lot more power than 250,and yes sometimes the tyres you want are hard to find in Thailand which is why I suggested them to op they also have very good reviews all over the net.

Them ac 10 look a tasty tire but also look like they might be a bit of a pain on the road,May add them to list to try if readily available.

post-105817-14611572167421_thumb.jpg

Edited by taninthai

Opps. Yes , they ( MT 21 ) are more aggresive than i remember. facepalm.gif Honda went in 2009. My memory around the same time , it would appear. The AC 10,s are more suitable for the riding i do as i live very local to green lanes , and although road legal , they are not good on tarmac - dry or wet. Sometimes you have to use what you can get , at the right price.