Dubai Thai woman drug mule caught with 1.8kg of cocaine at Phuket Airport

snoop1130

Dubai Thai woman drug mule caught with 1.8kg of cocaine at Phuket Airport
Eakkapop Thongtub

post-249866-0-10461900-1461844673_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Security at Phuket International Airport arrested a 21-year-old Thai woman found with 1.8 kilogrammes of cocaine hidden in two boxes of chocolates after her arrival from Dubai today (Apr 28).

Officials estimated the drugs to be worth about B5.4 million.

Phuket Airport Customs House Chief Hattaya Thipyawat and Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada announced the arrest at a press conference at 2pm.

“Oathcara Wikho, from Prachinburi, was found in possession of the drugs when officers stopped and searched her during a routine security check,” Ms Hattaya said.

Ms Oatchara arrived on Emirates Flight EK394, which left Dubai last night and arrived at Phuket Airport at 4:15am today, Ms Hattaya added.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/dubai-thai-woman-drug-mule-caught-with-1-8kg-of-cocaine-at-phuket-airport-57219.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-04-28

Local governor, the police, army, airport people. Seems different branches can work together..........for a photo op.

I'm surprised they didn't pinch her due to a tip. She must have looked nervous as I rarely see anyone getting pulled for a baggage check at customs.

It's a shame they never leave the drugs and the mule in play, under surveillance, both physical and electronic, and arrest the mule and distributor at the hand over.

they dig too deeply, they may find a mirror at the bottom of the hole

All these people to arrest one tiny little Thai woman??

they could not fit any more people in the frame if they tried....

cheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

I feel sorry for those people that got cut out in the photo, poor police guy on the right, his family will never be able to see he was in on the photo, same as those on the left that also don't get to show their happy faces. Perhaps next time a wide angle lens needs to be rounded up.

Local governor, the police, army, airport people. Seems different branches can work together..........for a photo op.

I'm surprised they didn't pinch her due to a tip. She must have looked nervous as I rarely see anyone getting pulled for a baggage check at customs.

Same here, I've landed in BKK intl about 45 times in the last 15 years and never been pulled. I once brought a large telescope and mount and all they asked was if it was new or used. Didn't even open the box.

"Routine security check" - code for "acting on a tip." There is nothing routine about security checks there, everyone walks right in. So the big fish with serious amounts of the drugs stroll through, and this gal with 1.8kg is the diversion. TV-CSI, at your service. :D

A tip from the originating airport is likely. I saw that in my home country after a flight from Vladivostok. She was given the 3rd degree in Russia at departure and we all noticed that. Everything was opened and gone through before she was eventually allowed to depart. I was standing quite near near her as she retrieved her bags and started to push her trolley away from the belt after arrival. Then the locals pounced & she was rushed into a secure room. There must be a reason sometimes why they decide which authority gets to make the actual pinch. Maybe Dubai decided to let Thailand have it as she was Thai.

Also previous travel history, several trips for short stay for someone of limited means to the same location in immigration computer. That is called profiling for prostitution or smuggling drugs or money etc. Appearance- nervousness etc can be a trigger too We never see what they see on camera as people file past a point with a camera and the faces are scanned. This possibly includes thermal imaging for sweating from nervousness showing up as a positive side benefit of thermal SARS scanning. I have often wondered about that.

She might was. transit in DXB from Brazil from Rio de Janeiro with EK Flight, so there was shure a Tip from the Policia Federal to BKK Airport Police.The Brazilian Jails ar overbooked ,so its a normal procedure!,

Anyone else thinking she has a Nigerian boyfriend?

Nah..Most people think she should know what she did is wrong and if she was being forced or blackmailed then go to the police. And for the rest of you "She must have a Nigerian boyfriend" then it is obvious you do not know that the majority of drugs are distributed by Thais. So youmwould have a higher chance of probability thinking her boyfriend is Thai. But we are not expecting use of brains...

Edited by Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere

It's a shame they never leave the drugs and the mule in play, under surveillance, both physical and electronic, and arrest the mule and distributor at the hand over.

That may be because the dealer could be a BIB or Military boss.