A question on getting a retirement extension inside thailand.

just checking here to see if my information is correct.

my plans...

1 fly to phuket from brisbane [aus passport]

2 get the 30 day stamp [visa exemption on arrival i think its called]

3 get a letter signed from my embassy stating i earn enough to fund a year in thailand.

4 apply to have my stamp converted/extended to the retirement extension at phuket immigration.

is this all there is to it or do i then have to cross a border and return or provide other information besides the photo and passport copies.

thanks.

If you arrive without a visa you may run out of time.

You will need

To convert the VE entry to a non imm "O" visa entry. I am not sure if this can be done in Phuket in which case you will need to do it in Bangkok. It will take 2 weeks and involve 2 visits to immigration. To secure the visa conversion a letter from your embassy confirming a monthly income of 65,000 Bht will be needed when you apply.

Once you have the conversion you apply for an extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay the conversion will provide. Another letter confirming income will be required.

• Like 1

1 to 3 are okay. If you can prove 65k baht income.

But 4 cannot be done at Phuket. They do not do the conversion to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry that you can then extend for one year.

Your your best option is to go to Penang and get a single entry non-o visa. Attach a copy of income proof to your application and show them the original if asked so that you can use it for the extension.

You might want to check with one of the honorary consulates in Australia to see if they will issue you a single entry non-o visa. Contact info here:http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/RoyalThaiHonoraryConsulate

• Like 1

still confused...

so its

ve to non imm o to retirement extension [johnatong]

or

ve to se non o to retirement extension [ubonjoe].

is a metv from your home country easier then these 3 step options?

Edited by visaruna

still confused...

so its

ve to non imm o to retirement extension [johnatong]

or

ve to se non o to retirement extension [ubonjoe].

is a metv from your home country easier then these 3 step options?

Read my post without thinking about the other one. You must have a non immigrant visa entry to apply for the extension. I gave you the options for getting one.

I don't think the METV is good option for you.

• Like 1

If you arrive without a visa you may run out of time.

You will need

To convert the VE entry to a non imm "O" visa entry. I am not sure if this can be done in Phuket in which case you will need to do it in Bangkok. It will take 2 weeks and involve 2 visits to immigration. To secure the visa conversion a letter from your embassy confirming a monthly income of 65,000 Bht will be needed when you apply.

Once you have the conversion you apply for an extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay the conversion will provide. Another letter confirming income will be required.

"Once you have the conversion you apply for an extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay the conversion will provide. Another letter confirming income will be required. "

One original letter will be enough. For the conversion or the visa you can use a photocopy. Show them the original and give them the copy. For the extension they will require the original.