Foreign life insurance firm to expand business in Thailand

webfact

Foreign life insurance firm to expand business in Thailand

BANGKOK, 5 May 2016 (NNT) - Pacific Century Group (PCG) President Richard Li and a consultant, namely former Canadian foreign affairs minister John Baird, visited Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak at Government House.

The deputy premier assured that the Thai government has had the policy to stimulate investments by promptly promoting foreign investment projects of the Thai and foreign private sector.

Richard Li, a noted investor who has handled business and industrial development projects in Asia, praised the government for such policy to promote foreign investments. He said that he is expanding ING life insurance business in Thailand which has continually flourished.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-05 footer_n.gif

Foreign investment projects in Thailand risky decision ..When money to be made in neighboring countries look at China and South Korea, Japan plus other major corporate countries .. even this year in Thailand targets are not going to meet due to people in so much debt and look very likely the government will have to step in but NNT please carry on talking nonsense trying to save face for the junta ..

Nicolas32, on 05 May 2016 - 04:33, said:

Foreign investment projects in Thailand risky decision ..When money to be made in neighboring countries look at China and South Korea, Japan plus other major corporate countries .. even this year in Thailand targets are not going to meet due to people in so much debt and look very likely the government will have to step in but NNT please carry on talking nonsense trying to save face for the junta ..

Or maybe the are expending to Thailand for the life style here, the weather, the subservient attitude of the

locals toward foreigners god knows that doing business in Thailand has lost it's luster, long and viability

long, long time ago......

Nicolas32, on 05 May 2016 - 04:33, said:

Or maybe the are expending to Thailand for the life style here, the weather, the subservient attitude of the

locals toward foreigners god knows that doing business in Thailand has lost it's luster, long and viability

long, long time ago......

True coffee1.gif

A life insurance firm wants to expand it's business in a country where life is worth crap. Good luck wqith that.

Life insurance is overrated and when you look at t Thai's daily plate here of living expenses I am sure life insurance would find no extra bahts left over. Their plate is already overflowing with bank loans and loan shark loans plus food and new car and house payments. All this on a 300 baht a day salary. Makes no economic sense to me but then of course I am not a Thai struggling to survive. Besides most Thai's already have a life insurance policy their children. God bless them.

Why, then Thailand automatically siezes 51% of the foreign company and takes the majority of profits without even contributing a single satang. Foreigners can only own and control 49% of thier company and investment.

Why, then Thailand automatically siezes 51% of the foreign company and takes the majority of profits without even contributing a single satang. Foreigners can only own and control 49% of thier company and investment.

Not necessarily true. The USA has a treaty with Thailand to allow 100% ownership and if you can get BOI you can own 100%. When my Oz partner and I opened our company we started out with the US Amiity treaty so I owned 51% and he owned 49%. Then once we had our factory up and running we were able to change to BOI.