fennel seeds

They are known as ' met yee ra ' in Thai and you can get a small bag in almost any Thai market. Got mine for the same reason ...... to make breakfast sausage patties and hamburgers.

A word of warning though. Their taste is very strong and tends to override other ingredients so use sparingly. When you get it right the taste and smell is perfect. Even the neighbors picked up the fragrance and commented on how nice it is.

They are known as ' met yee ra ' in Thai and you can get a small bag in almost any Thai market. Got mine for the same reason ...... to make breakfast sausage patties and hamburgers.

A word of warning though. Their taste is very strong and tends to override other ingredients so use sparingly. When you get it right the taste and smell is perfect. Even the neighbors picked up the fragrance and commented on how nice it is.

hi i think what your are taking about is cumin seeds i dont no if they are the same flavor but i will try then thanks

I've found fennel seeds for cooking at Foodland and Tops or Villa in Pattaya. Can't remember which.

In the past Villa and Friendship in Pattaya had excellent imported, US produced Italian sausage, but that seems to have disappeared for a year or two, I've never found anything remotely as good produced locally, including that made by small scale farang meat purveyors or the imported regional English sausages which taste like bland wallpaper paste.

Makro have a huge selection of big bags of spices for about 30 baht a pack. I know they have Fennel because I bought a pack yesterday. Never used Fennel before but it's bloody beautiful. Goes together with pork a treat. Pork burgers delicious. Really nutty. I'm going to try them on top of my home baked bread next time