Warning of more summer storms in Northeast, North

rooster59

Warning of more summer storms in Northeast, North

post-247607-0-03895900-1462599071_thumb.

BANGKOK: The Meteorological Department issued its latest annoucement today warning of more summer storms in various northeastern and northeastern provinces this week as the areas are still covered by hot and very hot temperatures.

It said torrential thunder rainstorms and wind gusts could be expected in these areas covered by heat.

It then advised the people in these areas to keep off big trees, unstable billboards or building structures as they might be brought down by wind gusts.

Warned areas include Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phrae, Nan, Tak, Sukhothai, Phetchabun, Loei, Udonthani, Nong Khai, Sakhon Nakhon, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Nakhon Ratchasima, Ubon, Sisaket, Surin, and Buriram.

Average minimum temperatures in the North are 23-30 degrees Celsius, and average maximum temperature are 37-44 degrees Celsius.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/162376

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-07

"It then advised the people in these areas to keep off big trees, unstable billboards or building structures as they might be brought down by wind gusts."

Of course, when there aren't wind gusts, it's perfectly safe to be on unstable billboards.blink.png

Unstable billboards? Some of Udon's soto speak most stable ones fell yesterday (big Lotus, KFC, luxury resort and many, many more), and not to mention the powerpoles. Cables were spread everywhere on the streets. Even the Airport is without electricity today when I was there just a few hours ago.

I can hear the thunder is on its way again. Hope it wont be worse than yesterday. The house was litterally shaking and the windows was flexing pretty bad.

Unstable billboards? Some of Udon's soto speak most stable ones fell yesterday (big Lotus, KFC, luxury resort and many, many more), and not to mention the powerpoles. Cables were spread everywhere on the streets. Even the Airport is without electricity today when I was there just a few hours ago.

I can hear the thunder is on its way again. Hope it wont be worse than yesterday. The house was litterally shaking and the windows was flexing pretty bad.

Our power just came back on about two hours ago. We had to get a hotel room, as I refused to spend a second night at home, without power.

Pretty close to tornado force winds swept right by our house....it really raced through and came from the south.

Our power just came back on about two hours ago. We had to get a hotel room, as I refused to spend a second night at home, without power.

Pretty close to tornado force winds swept right by our house....it really raced through and came from the south.

Slipperylobster, where do you live?

We are about 10k west of Udon city, the power was off for 27 hours! we were about to leave and check in hotel when it came back on, power still on very unstable, drove around the ringroad yesterday, the town was pretty well devastated! lot of (overloaded!) power polls down as you say!

Now to start cleaning up the garden & pool!

We are about 10k west of Udon city, the power was off for 27 hours! we were about to leave and check in hotel when it came back on, power still on very unstable, drove around the ringroad yesterday, the town was pretty well devastated! lot of (overloaded!) power polls down as you say!

Now to start cleaning up the garden & pool!

We were surprisingly not without power, but the rather mild weather yesterday obviously had to cut the power and we are still without power now (12-14 hours).

I am just curious. If Thailand runs out of water what are their option?.

Also, they must have wasted a years worth of water for the whole country on Songran......

Well since you're "just curious" you could do a forum search for the 101 other threads posted annually in which someone makes the ridiculous claim that Songkran is to blame for water shortages.

If you have wifi access you could probably read through them while floating in an otherwise unoccupied swimming pool or while playing a round of golf on a lush green course.

Edited by Suradit69