Quadcopter questions,

seabear

Intrigued by some videoclips, I thought I wanted to give it a try. So I bought the cheapest Quadcopter, with camera and automatic return button. A JRC, F+Series,H6C-2, from Lazada. I didn't want to spend a lot, I just wanted to know if I would be able to fly the thing. After about 2 weeks I manage to fly about 3 minutes without crashing.(indoors). But the bloody thing has a mind of its own. It rises and sinks and swerves without my doing. It is fun, but also very frustrating. The quality of the video is terrible.

Questions:

Is there somebody, who bought the same toy, and is willing to share his knowledge?

Would a more expensive toy be less frustrating?

The battery lasts about 5 minutes. Where could I get a spare battery?

Thanks in advance for any useful answers.

Seabear, Phuket

if you can afford it get a dji phantom.

dji is the best brand.

buy a 500 baht mini quadcopter a hand sized one and learn how to fly that first for a while till your confident.

if you can fly those small ones you can fly anything as the smaller ones are the hardest to fly but cheapest to replace.

then you will be confident with the more expensive dji phantom.

Flying in small spaces indoors can create wind currents from the propellers, which in turn destabilize the drone.

Also, make very sure you are aware of the laws concerning drones in Thailand, as they are very easy to break and can land you in trouble.

Hi I don't think that model has a gprs. Without this the return to home button will not be very accurate. If its good aerial pictures you want then you will need to buy , or build, a model wich will carry a go pro or similar. I have a few I have built. The parts from the model shops here are not so expensive.

The remote control should have buttons to adjust drift. It takes some practice to adjust it so you can hover up and down only using the throttle. Indoor flying is not easy, best is to practice on a open field far away from water and trees. Don't go too high. Wind increases with altitude and it can be blown away easily.

Deal extreme and Alibaba are a good source for parts and batteries.

There are modifications to install a larger battery extending the flight time to 7 minutes. You can also replace the brass bushings at the rotor shafts with ball bearings which seems to extend the flight time also due to less friction.

I have a JJRC H8D FPV. It flies quite easy and the camera is good. I did opnly try it a few times and once with strong wind it crashed in a neighbors garden. The heads up display did show me where it was :)

You can make nice movies with a quadcopter