Blood drive for Canadian praised, police yet to close accident investigation

webfact

Blood drive for Canadian praised, police yet to close accident investigation
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1462883218_1-org.jpg
Enough blood donations have been received for doctors to go ahead with operations on Canadian David Connelly, who suffered serious injuries in a motorbike accident in Patong last Wednesday (May 4).

PHUKET: -- The campaign to secure enough blood donations so that Canadian David Connelly can undergo critical operations has been praised a success, The Phuket News was told May 10.

Mr Connelly, 41, suffered serious injuries in a motorbike accident in Patong last Wednesday (May 4), when the motorbike he was riding collided with a 10-wheeled truck.

He remains in the intensive care unit at Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

“He is now conscious but doctors cannot operate because they are waiting for the necessary blood stock,” a family member told The Phuket News yesterday (May 9).

“His internal organs, including his lungs and kidneys, have suffered serious damage. Also, his shoulder and pelvis are shattered,” the family member explained. (See story here.)

A staffer at the Phuket Regional Blood Centre confirmed this afternoon that enough blood donations had been received.

“Yesterday, about 10 foreigners walked in one after the other to make blood donations specifically for Mr Connelly,” the staffer said.

“Three units of Type A Rh-negative blood were passed to the patient yesterday, and at last update there is enough blood for doctors to go ahead with the operations for now.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/blood-drive-for-canadian-praised-police-yet-to-close-accident-investigation-57367.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-05-11

I am glad this Canadian could be helped and I wish him a speedy recovery..

I also did ask on Thaivisa a few weeks ago for a donation of the same type of blood,

for a lady friend of mine.

However I got no response and the lady died two week later.

Just for your information!

I also did ask on Thaivisa a few weeks ago for a donation of the same type of blood,

sorry to hear that there seems to be no system in place to tranfer blood from government hospitals to where needed as i have said many times if you can arrange for it to be sent from khon kaen i will give what i can ( A Neg). Again sorry about the lady

Canadian crash victim's father appeals for more A-negative blood
Nick Davies

post-249866-0-35346200-1462967252_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Dennis Connelly, the father of Canadian crash victim David Lee Connelly, 40, has appealed for more donations of A-negative blood to help save his son.

David Connelly is currently at Bangkok Hospital Phuket waiting for blood platelets to be flown in to Phuket from Bangkok so that doctors at Bangkok Hospital Phuket can perform an operation today.

The blood platelets were due to arrive at midday today. However, Mr Connelly told the Phuket Gazette that they are still waiting for the platelets to arrive.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Canadian-crash-victims-father-appeals-more-Anegative/63863?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-05-11

This is quite depressing and upsetting in view of the response to Mr Connolly.

What was the reason for the different responses?

Did she unfortunately pass away as a result of a lack of blood?