Burnt Out Car With Skeleton Inside Found in Ditch in Mae Chaem

webfact

Burnt Out Car With Skeleton Inside Found in Ditch
by CityNews

skeleton-in-car-1024x768.jpg

CityNews – The remains of a man who went missing in March 2015 is believed to have been found by police, after a rusty, burnt out car with a skeleton inside it was found hidden down a large ditch along the Mae Na Jorn – Pang Ung Road in Mae Chaem.

On May 12, a human skeleton was found in the body of an old Toyota car that was rusty, and showed signs of burning. Police believe the driver must have crashed off the road, causing the car to explode or catch on fire.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/burnt-car-skeleton-inside-found-ditch/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-05-16

When looking at Google earth on the 25km road from Pang-Ung to Mae-Chaem there are so few houses, quite rough hilly country, narrow road and its really not surprising it's taken so long to find this car wreck.

At least family and friends have some closure now.

Would be so easy to quickly judge the situation by any TVN critics not having taken a closer check .

Even if it was known which road he traveled when he went missing, and a they went to the expense of a helicopter search, there's a small tree over the burnt out wreck and quite camouflaged in the narrow stony ditch . Amazing they found it so soon actually. I could be wrong.

Edited by Jing Joe

Nobody initially noticed the fire or is burning everything just normal in Thailand that nobody thought twice.

Just that normal, I used to follow roads to the big black plumes of smoke billowing up....usually ended up being someone burning tires, garbage or fields.

When looking at Google earth on the 25km road from Pang-Ung to Mae-Chaem there are so few houses, quite rough hilly country, narrow road and its really not surprising it's taken so long to find this car wreck.

Would be so easy to quickly judge the situation by any TVN critics not having taken a closer check .

Even if it was known which road he traveled when he went missing, and a they went to the expense of a helicopter search, there's a small tree over the burnt out wreck and quite camouflaged in the narrow stony ditch . Amazing they found it so soon actually. I could be wrong.

mate, i'm surprised you didn't find it sooner......thumbsup.gif

Nobody initially noticed the fire or is burning everything just normal in Thailand that nobody thought twice.

That is a very windy and steep road with lots of trees and brush obscuring the views as the road follows the ridge lines. As a long-time regular traveler on that road I am not the least surprised that such an accident could go unnoticed.

mate, i'm surprised you didn't find it sooner......thumbsup.gif

Actually "mate" :-) I had two hours to spare, like maps, like Thailand and like google earth and that's how long it took me to come to a non-judgemental conclusion.

You're a bit cheeky mate but I reckon you're true blue. :-)

JOHPA has been a long time traveler of that road and seems also to be saying; "don't be too quick to judge".

Sparing a thought for the driver in his last minutes. Whatever the reason.

Edited by Jing Joe