Moving Out

Hi All,

I didn't think I'd be back here so quickly, but I am having real diffculty finding information on how I might send a few boxes back to Oz - mainly books, but also odds and ends. We're going to sell all furniture, appliances and the car, but we have about 100 books and maybe bits and pieces of linen to get to Oz. Fortunately we're having a short Chrissie trip so will take full bags and stretch the luggage allowance as far as we can go then, before moving permanently end Jan.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Bangkok based company called 3 Threes – very good – I have used them several times in the past.

Door to door and no bloody paperwork hassles in between – they have got their act together well.

Check out their website:

www.3-trees.com

No - fo rthe sake of moderation issues, I have no vested interested in this company - just offering advise based on personal experiance.

Tim

I'd warn against any cheapy DIY options, expecially on the Australian side. When I shipped stuff home once the DIY way (4 boxes!!) I discovered that a) Australian customs charge and arm and a leg to have your stuff cleared, and :o that there is so much running around to do, that you'll basically be forced to employ a customs agent to do the clearance for you.

So, going door to door might be the best way, as there are substantial costs on the Australian side no matter which way you cut it.

I'd warn against any cheapy DIY options, expecially on the Australian side. When I shipped stuff home once the DIY way (4 boxes!!) I discovered that a) Australian customs charge and arm and a leg to have your stuff cleared, and :o that there is so much running around to do, that you'll basically be forced to employ a customs agent to do the clearance for you.

So, going door to door might be the best way, as there are substantial costs on the Australian side no matter which way you cut it.

Thanks Samran and Maizefarmer. I looked at 3-trees and also a couple of others - one looks promising - Metro's Shipping Company Ltd. I can imagine that Oz customs would fleece you, and I was also wondering how to get stuff out of Thailand without paying through the nose, too! Door-to-door looks the way to go.

Cheers.