UK Notary Advice for a Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O-A” (Long Stay)

Thanks for the feedback Senior Player. Hopefully you will have your visa tomorrow.

When you say you did not fill out monthly income details I assume that is on the Additional Long Stay Form.

On the Application Form, in the question 'Purpose of Current Visit', I assume you put 'Retirement'?

Thanks again for your very helpful account of your experience here.

Yes, you're correct on both accounts, Roy111. It was the Additional Long Stay Form that I put a strike through on monthly income and instead put my bank balance and name of my bank below. And yes, on the Application Form, which you have to print off 3 times and diligently fill out each one in duplicate, I put under Purpose of Current Visit something like: to undertake a long term stay in Thailand to research and determine whether I may wish to permanently retire there in the future. For the flight details I put: To Be Determined" by the timing and date of my Visa Application being granted. Though I did put June down, too.

For the 3 passport photos, the girl behind the glass partition at the Embassy has a pair of scissors so it's not neccessary to cut off own your 3 passport-sized photos, she can do this for you.

• Like 1

Good feedback Senior Player

1 x Police Report - certified

1 x Health Check - Certified

1 x First page of Bank accounts statements - Certified

£15 - Well that is amazing!

Really good to hear this - Thanks and Good luck.

That's right, spambot. It was £15 for all 3 documents. I've now collected my O-A Visa and it looks lovely in my passport. No problems whatsoever at the Embassy. Everything went smoothly. The good thing is this is a multiple entry visa so I can go and come without needing a re-entry permit.

So to recap, just go straight to Ashtons (total cost £15) and then go onto the Embassy afterwards. Get it all sorted in one morning, and then pick-up your visa the next day.

I just want to say a big thank you to JDGRUEN who has been superb here with me.

Hi Senior Player - Not only do you not require reentry permits, but you also can get the equivalent of 2 years out of this visa - If you re-enter Thailand before the 1 year is up.

Good to hear - You got it - Thanks for the info.

Thanks, spambot. It just goes to show all this notary stuff is best to be avoided. My bank statement was almost 4 weeks old by the time I submitted my application, too, and there was also no need for a stamp from the bank; a simple bank statement as I pointed out above will suffice. I'm just so relieved it's all done and dusted now. Good luck yourself, spambot and Roy111. I'm sure if you follow my guideline, you too won't have any problems. All the best.

• Like 1