My early ownership comments on the Yamaha R3

JAFO

30 minutes ago, macknife said:

No, the RC390 is more expensive. around 20k more i think.

I took it for a spin at the weekend. It is quick off the mark but it sounds like a tractor. The tail is just horribly designed.

normal mellow sound of the motorcycle. design on the fan. but work at least its own and recognizable.

Of course it's not r3 - child sells product. No big deal  care about design . Piano only mix Honda with Ducati and ula la...

PS

so you can say it's near R3 ride?

honestly?

18 minutes ago, ardokano said:

normal mellow sound of the motorcycle. design on the fan. but work at least its own and recognizable.

Of course it's not r3 - child sells product. No big deal  care about design . Piano only mix Honda with Ducati and ula la...

PS

so you can say it's near R3 ride?

honestly?

What?

Ok I'll have a go.

A tractor sound isn't mellow. I couldn't see the fan, so I don't know how it's designed. Yes, with all the orange the KTM looks good(esp the Duke390) very recognizable.

There were no children there selling anything. I'm lost. Very lost - a Piahonduc?

The KTM? Speed wise very near. KTM a little quicker of the mark. The ride position on the RC390 is horrible compared to the R3. The Duke390 is quite comfortable though. If I had to buy one tomorrow I would choose the R3. I know the KTM is a little quicker and has a bit more quality eg. tyres, brakes, but that engine arhhh!! Give me a twin any day over that. Also the R3 looks much nicer especially the Motogp version, which looks great.

The R3 has it's faults too. I think some of the components look cheap eg the rear sets and the assembly looks rushed eg untidy wiring but I'd still take it over the RC390. With the money I'd save I could easily put some nicer rear sets on it and eventually better tyres but Michelin are a top brand and I don't think they'd let you down.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, macknife said:

What?

Ok I'll have a go.

A tractor sound isn't mellow. I couldn't see the fan, so I don't know how it's designed. Yes, with all the orange the KTM looks good(esp the Duke390) very recognizable.

There were no children there selling anything. I'm lost. Very lost - a Piahonduc?

The KTM? Speed wise very near. KTM a little quicker of the mark. The ride position on the RC390 is horrible compared to the R3. The Duke390 is quite comfortable though. If I had to buy one tomorrow I would choose the R3. I know the KTM is a little quicker and has a bit more quality eg. tyres, brakes, but that engine arhhh!! Give me a twin any day over that. Also the R3 looks much nicer especially the Motogp version, which looks great.

The R3 has it's faults too. I think some of the components look cheap eg the rear sets and the assembly looks rushed eg untidy wiring but I'd still take it over the RC390. With the money I'd save I could easily put some nicer rear sets on it and eventually better tyres but Michelin are a top brand and I don't think they'd let you down.

Litle  quicker you must kidding me.

After 100km/h RC390 still GO.

Cant say it about R3.

Sit rider not comfort for city or traffic ride.

But for mountans and speedway it sport ride position as must be on sport bike.

R3 in city same not comfort.

If want bike look as sport but comfort in City it CBR..

Or maybe  kawa.

And ofcouse beter niked bike and duke 390 perfect choise.

But  if bike sit as sport..

What about engine?

I like this is type engine.

Top torque is available earlier and longer. for a beginner it is generally its a big plus.

R3 only suspension setup is similar to the RC390..

Pc

Moto gp version..

Wow you second guys..

Remaid me my GF .. she choice car follow color:)

Motogp version color you want say.

Becouse from moto gp version R3 far as i am from moon.

R3 even far from R6.. 

Realy if not comfort sit in  RC390 .. need forget about sport bike.

I am not fan sport type sit. But on RC its very good as sport.

do not be offended. I did not want to offend any..

Best regards Ardokano

Edited by ardokano

16 minutes ago, ardokano said:

Litle  quicker you must kidding me.

After 100km/h RC390 still GO.

Cant say it about R3.

Sit rider not comfort for city or traffic ride.

But for mountans and speedway it sport ride position as must be on sport bike.

R3 in city same not comfort.

If want bike look as sport but comfort in City it CBR..

Or maybe  kawa.

And ofcouse beter niked bike and duke 390 perfect choise.

But  if bike sit as sport..

What about engine?

I like this is type engine.

Top torque is available earlier and longer. for a beginner it is generally its a big plus.

R3 only suspension setup is similar to the RC390..

Pc

Moto gp version..

Wow you second guys..

Remaid me my GF .. she choice car follow color:)

Motogp version color you want say.

Becouse from moto gp version R3 far as i am from moon.

R3 even far from R6.. 

Realy if not comfort sit in  RC390 .. need forget about sport bike.

I am not fan sport type sit. But on RC its very good as sport.

do not be offended. I did not want to offend any..

Best regards Ardokano

After 100kph the R3 does still go. Why are you talking like the RC390 is amazing? It has like 3-4 more HP, that's not a lot.

The R3 is a comfortable bike, it's really not that aggressive. Of all the sport bikes in it's class I believe it has the most upright position. So it should be fine in city riding. If it's uncomfortable for you then maybe you are getting a bit old now for sporty type bikes.

What is niked?

Engine? I don't care about a slightly better torque if the engine sounds terrible.

Yes I like colours and like my bike to look nice. i would say that's quite normal. I won't buy something I don't like the look of simply because it has 3-4 more HP.

The simple fact is the RC is uncomfortable and all reviews say the same thing. The entire rear end behind the riders seat is made from rubber of some sort, it's awful. the frame looks nice though. Looks are subjective so some may like it but not me.

I have been on ZX-10s, R1s, R6s, CBR1000s, Ducati panigales, H2 and none of them feel like the RC390 or are they not sports bikes?

You have often said you are new to the biking world so how much do you really know?

Have you ridden the RC390 or R3 for any length of time?

I get the feeling you just like the colour orange or have some weird dislike of the R3. Yes the RC has better track times than the R3 but the track isn't the real world.

It's like you are just looking at a stats page of the RC390 and using it to criticize the R3 when you know very little about either bike.

I'm no expert either but I don't come on here criticizing other bikes without reason or claim to ride a 1200cc Ducati Diavel as my beginner bike.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, macknife said:

After 100kph the R3 does still go. Why are you talking like the RC390 is amazing? It has like 3-4 more HP, that's not a lot.

The R3 is a comfortable bike, it's really not that aggressive. Of all the sport bikes in it's class I believe it has the most upright position. So it should be fine in city riding. If it's uncomfortable for you then maybe you are getting a bit old now for sporty type bikes.

What is niked?

Engine? I don't care about a slightly better torque if the engine sounds terrible.

Yes I like colours and like my bike to look nice. i would say that's quite normal. I won't buy something I don't like the look of simply because it has 3-4 more HP.

The simple fact is the RC is uncomfortable and all reviews say the same thing. The entire rear end behind the riders seat is made from rubber of some sort, it's awful. the frame looks nice though. Looks are subjective so some may like it but not me.

I have been on ZX-10s, R1s, R6s, CBR1000s, Ducati panigales, H2 and none of them feel like the RC390 or are they not sports bikes?

You have often said you are new to the biking world so how much do you really know?

Have you ridden the RC390 or R3 for any length of time?

I get the feeling you just like the colour orange or have some weird dislike of the R3. Yes the RC has better track times than the R3 but the track isn't the real world.

It's like you are just looking at a stats page of the RC390 and using it to criticize the R3 when you know very little about either bike.

I'm no expert either but I don't come on here criticizing other bikes without reason or claim to ride a 1200cc Ducati Diavel as my beginner bike.

First i am not claime to ride any bike. But still think Diavel nice bike for beginer.

Yes i ride R3 an RC390

Yes i am not fill comfort ride as every day sport .  Where RC ancomfortable? Its apper agressive sit.. and sit as sport more comforr than R3 . Rewiev have different say about sit position. And almost what i read simular my opinion ots good for sport ride.

You so fanny.

Small panigale and big have different position rider sit.

R6 i try.  Rc390 more simulat rider position  to R6 , than R3

About kawa and honda liter i even not sit on this is bike.

You do not like sound RC390 ok..

Its IMHO..

3-4HP

Even on    speedy car i can filling.

And its 10% up

How about 

Top torque is available earlier and longer?

Torque its same up 10% more.

About after 100km/h not go its litle kidding.

But sure R3 much more slow when rc390

Near 3 sec from  to 130.

Its can fill even beginer as me.

And sure it huge for public road too.

an eternity than overtaking as example.

3 sec it without reason?? Its can be bet life in  public road.

Ok ok

Yes I like colours and like my bike to look nice (c)

I like first how ride  bike. And how look its even not second.

But different people different opinion. Some buy bike want look to him. Some buy want ride and enjoy bike.

And yes if you like blue R3 in motogp color its good choice.

Not forget buy helmet with 46 and put the bike at the bar to put the helmet on the seat and admire..

Not ofence  last its be joking.

Best regards Ardokano.

18 hours ago, macknife said:

No, the RC390 is more expensive. around 20k more i think.

I took it for a spin at the weekend. It is quick off the mark but it sounds like a tractor. The tail is just horribly designed.

I suppose someone trolling this thread will try and convince us they actually sound better than a twin.. :gigglem:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ardokano said:

Sorry you change  your living place?

The nearest KTM dealership is 120km north of me but just the same I'll have a look before I make up my mind. Still a bit of a ride for a service.  (c) fullcave?

Pc

As i see warranty need for R3 sure.

Have recall even

No, I'll not be moving to  BKK, Pattaya or Hat Yai anytime soon. 

Yes, I'll be having the service performed at an authorised dealer as to not void the warranty regardless. 

35 minutes ago, fullcave said:

No, I'll not be moving to  BKK, Pattaya or Hat Yai anytime soon. 

Yes, I'll be having the service performed at an authorised dealer as to not void the warranty regardless. 

I mean  last time you say dealer 120 km from you. Now say its 350km..

120 km i not think its to much.

But 350... yep..

2 hours ago, fullcave said:

I suppose someone trolling this thread will try and convince us they actually sound better than a twin.. :gigglem:

Haha - well if the sound is coming from a dirt bike in the bush, then yes, singles sound miles better than twins. :wai2:

1 minute ago, denkiblue555 said:

Haha - well if the sound is coming from a dirt bike in the bush, then yes, singles sound miles better than twins. :wai2:

Yes, especially if that sound is coming from a two stroke.. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, denkiblue555 said:

Sound on 300 cc rice bike?

you must kiding.. twins not twins it metter? If bike not go

:cheesy:

Edited by ardokano

3 hours ago, fullcave said:

Yes, especially if that sound is coming from a two stroke.. :thumbsup:

Well, someone like the sound of chainsaws or lawnmowers ..

PS

we not talking about enduro bike is it?

Back to topic.. Is it R3 how much need to weigh rider that this mower like a sportbike  can GO in  the mountains or on the speedway?

40KG?:D or still not Go on speedway after 100 km/h?

OK Ok for beginer may be no need much.. but for guys after liter..  what you guys doing?

add gunpowder rocket fuel in the tank?:cheesy:

Edited by ardokano

7 hours ago, denkiblue555 said:

^^ Another 2 quality posts which are really contributing to the colourful enlightenment that has been brought by you to this discussion.

Yes i can it ;)

So can you explaine to me why need R3 not for begginer in Thailand?

Not see big diference with Exister.  Existee have color movistar (gp style)..Ofcouse if compare with liter bike.. as some say changed type bike..

So why need pay more than double?

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Very nice.

I would add a K&N or DNA air filter too. 

I really like these bikes. 

Yeah Happy Grumpy,  They are a blast to ride. Cheap fun as I see it.  

I was invited to go riding Saturday with a few engineers that work for me.  They have a 150 or so km ride they do.  One has a new Honda 500 , the other a newer CBR.  Should be fun up in the mountains weather permitting of course.  

29 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Nice, will be interesting to see how it compares to the cbr500.

Most people say that the R3 is more fun. But of course the cbr500 a lot more powerful. 

Hmm, the R3 is 42 hp and the cbr500 is what 47hp?

R3 is lighter too sooooo.

If I was living in a mountainous area, I would be very interested in the R3

Edited by guzzi850m2
wrong entry
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, fullcave said:

Actually having owned both I can say the R3 is slightly faster and more sporty. Maybe because it's lighter, lower riding position and runs at higher rpm. However, the cbr500r has a higher riding position so would be more comfortable for distance and also offers better fuel consumption and larger fuel tank so a much longer range between fills.

I tend to agree. I purchased my R3 more specifically to where I live and my riding style. I rode the 500 and it sits a bit too upright for my personal taste but it is a very nice ride and again is affordable and fun.  The 500 is also more 2 rider worthy where as the R3 is not. Having always owned sport bikes the R3 offers the position I am accustomed too and again I never took passengers before. I will likely do a trade off with one of the guys if we go and I will offer my experience in the rides in the mountains. 

Again all of these bikes are fun for what they are. I have yet to miss my liter bike. Simply no need for 200HP in these parts. I think with the exhaust upgrade and a tuner I can get the moto to about 50HP and that's a nice number for the weight.