OTT tv box

Just cancelled TRUE because of the cost and the cancellation of a few of the wife's favourite channels, this after 20 years with UBC/TRUE. I am thinkig this may be a mistake! Recently purchased a OTT android box and an ILIKEHD package, I had to hire a computer guy to get it going for me(1thousand Baht). Worked ok for a day or so then had to get him back yesterday to get it going again and give me more lessons (1thousand Baht). This morning it is stuck on BBC and will not let me change channels, no matter what channel I select it reverts to BBC???

Also on the screen there is a blue box at the top which states; 'SWIPE DOWN FROM THE TOP TO EXIT FULL SCREEN' with a box underneath with OK ???? What does this mean? How can you swipe a TV screen? I tried but cannot get rid of this box.

I hope someone out there can help as the Missis not happy with me paying out more money on this money saving exercise.

Cheers

no it can be done with the standard remote in mouse mode - (bottom right hand corner of the remote is the mouse emulation button as this screen shot shows ) if it is an original box and not a clone one.

post-63721-0-64860700-1464954816_thumb.p

There is no way around the fact that using an Android box requires a fair amount of study and has high frustration quotient. Google and YouTube will honestly help you a lot more than a Thai technician who has no idea of the content you want. There are a lot of Kodi forums on the internet. Just Google your box name and you will probably find some forums dedicated to it.

It has become apparent on this forum that internet TV, Kodi or otherwise never just runs simply & smoothly like cable TV does. It requires a lot of ongoing attention and maintenance. Just because something works today is no guarantee it will fork tomorrow.