Listing a Business on apple Maps

smily

Well, there is no Yelp in Thailand, so I guess that is not where Apple Maps gets its business listings.

Perhaps you'll need to use Google Maps for now?

Not if you want to add business or do map edits. For whatever reasons, Google Map Maker is not available for Thailand, although it is available for other nearby countries such as Cambodia, Malaysia, Philippines, etc.

I don't remember how I was listed / got on there, but I noticed that the more listings I got up AND correctly spotted / located ( ie: google maps, Here Maps, Tripadvisor, Facebook, Foursquare, Wongnai ), whenever a new mapping system came out ( ie Apple Maps ) my place is already listed.

Like Ikn says...Apple has a few partners and they use their information....question is, who is their partner :).

Well, there is no Yelp in Thailand, so I guess that is not where Apple Maps gets its business listings.

Perhaps you'll need to use Google Maps for now?

Not if you want to add business or do map edits. For whatever reasons, Google Map Maker is not available for Thailand, although it is available for other nearby countries such as Cambodia, Malaysia, Philippines, etc.

They do have Apple Maps in Singapore ... no idea if it can be done through there ???

Google search does not seem to help much! facepalm.gif

Clicking on the businesses listed it brings up reviews for booking.com and foursquare for restaurants. I might try registering on foursquare see if that helps at all. I did see one restaurant that had trip advisor reviews listed directly in the maps. Its a really nice feature with the reviews there.

I am wondering if Chinese are using this or what are they using. Always see them walking around looking at their phone as if they are checking a restaurant location and walk directly into certain restaurants.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Has anyone found a way? I've got the same problem with listing my business on Apple maps.

On 02/06/2016 at 8:10 PM, smily said:

Clicking on the businesses listed it brings up reviews for booking.com and foursquare for restaurants. I might try registering on foursquare see if that helps at all. I did see one restaurant that had trip advisor reviews listed directly in the maps. Its a really nice feature with the reviews there.

I am wondering if Chinese are using this or what are they using. Always see them walking around looking at their phone as if they are checking a restaurant location and walk directly into certain restaurants.

Has anyone found how to do this?

On 3/23/2018 at 8:29 PM, myprivate said:

Has anyone found a way? I've got the same problem with listing my business on Apple maps.

Has anyone found how to do this?

Please check Post #5 and #7 in this thread...it should provide your answer.

• 2 months later...

I registered on Foursquare a long time ago. Now my business shows on the map for apple. I assume they take the data from there and update every so often. They also have other partner sites as mentioned earlier where they take the information from.