Fascino Pharmacy, Pattaya Nua

Tammi

FYI, I am now buying medicines from Fascino Pharmacy and the savings over hospital prices are considerable. Get a Member Card for even more savings.

i agree with Tammi - i made the switch there about 3 months ago and the savings over what Bangkok Pattaya Hospital are about 65% - membership card will save you an additional 5% - located across the street from Lotus about 150 yards north. Big orange sign and parking lot

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if they have a branch in Bangkok?

Thanks,

G

Yes quite a few I believe. There is a small one on Rama IV near the Silom Robinsons. Although it is small if they have not got what you want in stock they can usually get it within 24 hours What is more prices are cheaper than Pattaya. Don't know why - this is a nationwide franchised chain, but there it is.

Unfortunately their website is in THai, but if you can get someone to help you read it you may learn something.

In general hospitals here charge several times pharmacy prices so what's the big deal with this particular pharmacy? I've always been able to find whatever I needed from the pharmacy in Foodland in Pattaya Klang. Did I miss something?

Edited by Phil Conners

In general hospitals here charge several times pharmacy prices so what's the big deal with this particular pharmacy? I've always been able to find whatever I needed from the pharmacy in Foodland in Pattaya Klang. Did I miss something?

Fascino will order medicines that are not run of the mill such as injectable anti-coagulants. Hospital price B909. Fascino B490.

Also, Pariet (for stomach acid) I can get for B704 from Fascino. Pharmacy around the corner will let me have for B730. Hospital B1,288.

I spend over 7,000 Baht a month on medication and I can assure you that Fascino is the best thing that ever happened to me - drug wise in Thailand.

It's prices are the keenest, and what they don't have they will order in a few days. The member card gives you another 5%.

Many pharmacies in Thailand will charge Farangs what they think they can get away with - Fascino is fully computerised and you know you're not getting ripped off.

You can also ask the staff if there is any generic equivalant of the drug you want made in Thailand - which will be much cheaper.

And last, but not least you will not be sold fake or out of date drugs.

No - I do not have any shares. It gives me pleaseure to recommend one of the ffew Thai businesses who have got their act together and provide a good and efficient service. :o

Anybody used the big pharmacy on Sukhumvit, where Noel met the farting Thai bloke (sadly, shortly before Noel passed away)?

They seem to have a pretty big stock of less common medicines, at good prices as well!

Monty, I spoke to Noel about that. It was Fascino - not the one on Sukhumvit.

I was also wondering about the big one on Sukhumvit - wonder if their prices are as good as Fascino.

Anyone?

Good points, taken :o

I hope you do. You mention Foodland. I used them for years ###### it and they used me!

Foodland 14 Plavix tabs B1900-00 Fascino B1330-00 less 5%

The same differential for everything.

I almost halved my meds bill.

I really don't know how those people at Foodland kept a straight face while ripping off.

I guess they held there sneers/laughter for latter.