Where Do Refugees Go For Assistance?

Is there an agency in Bangkok which helps refugees? If you knew a refugee living in Bangkok where would you direct them for assistance?

Would being married to a Thai national with ID, and having a child born in Thailand help at all?

Somebody told me if these refugees have spent more than 5 years in Thailand they can get citizenship, is there any truth to that?

Is there an agency in Bangkok which helps refugees? If you knew a refugee living in Bangkok where would you direct them for assistance?

Would being married to a Thai national with ID, and having a child born in Thailand help at all?

Somebody told me if these refugees have spent more than 5 years in Thailand they can get citizenship, is there any truth to that?

UNHCR

The UN regional headquarters in Bangkok on Ratchadamneon Nok Rd, near the palace, so I'd start there.

www.un.org and then look for the regional office sites.

As for being married to a Thai national...I'm not sure how it works for someone in a refugee situation, but for most marriages, the foreign partner enters Thailand using travel documents issued by their home country and a non-immigrant 'O' visa.

If the refugee in question has entered Thailand without proper documentation then the situation may unfortunately be different....but best to ask the UN about this.