Shooting at Dallas Airport sparks frantic scenes

rooster59

Why pick on the car, wouldn't it start or summat?

We'll never know now, will me?

Still blows my mind this... those videos are starkly clear. Airport or not, and crazy or not, an unarmed man getting blown away is hard to justify in any form or fashion.

Can't believe that guns were employed in such lethal fashion, with so many innocent bystanders in the IMMEDIATE VICINITY... what were those officers thinking?

I'm shocked at the attitude of some of the posters on this thread too, we're talking about a human life here, now sadly extinguished. Humanity must be respected! It's what separates us from the animal kingdom, don't you think?

Go ahead and be shocked and incensed or whatever, but there is probably not an airport in the world where there are not armed security somewhere. If you wish to mess around at an airport, there is a good chance you will get taken down by a bullet.

I understand your point Credo, I'm the first to agree you shouldn't carry on like a pork chop in an airport (or any transport hub for that matter, train station, bus terminal, ferry port, etc.). And I didn't mention incensed, that's your word.

Can't agree with getting taken down by firearms though when the subject is unarmed... that's extra-judicial. The only harm I saw being caused to anyone or any object was the car he flogged with the witches hat. He lobbed a rock at the car too, but that was well before the officers arrived on the scene with their firearms out according to the videos. He had no weapon of any description in his hands when he was shot. And the multiple shots fired with so many folks in the vicinity! What's your thoughts about that?

I can't see anyone coming out of this with any credit, not the bloke himself, the lady he was pissed with or the officers involved... everyone lost the plot.

The guy did have a rock. That us a deadly weapon.

Other than shooting, what was the cop to do? One on one Quensberry rules? MMA style take down?

What if he did that and got beat up by the other guy? Who has control of the gun then?

Other than shooting, what was the cop to do? One on one Quensberry rules? MMA style take down?

What if he did that and got beat up by the other guy? Who has control of the gun then?

He didn't have the rock when the shooting began. Watch the video again and you'll see he dropped the rock.

To all the posters who think there was no alternative, what about the bystanders? Did you see how close some of those people were to the action? TOO close!

Edited by NumbNut

He didn't have the rock when the shooting began. Watch the video again and you'll see he dropped the rock.

To all the posters who think there was no alternative, what about the bystanders? Did you see how close some of those people were to the action? TOO close!

What have the bystanders got to do with it?

Did you see what happened in Hornsby the other day?

When the Police take the lethal action, they shoot for centre of body mass, what bystanders are doing is irrelevant.

When the Police take the lethal action, they shoot for centre of body mass, what bystanders are doing is irrelevant.

9 shots fired!

The cop had a gun.

You do understand that he cannot allow that to be taken from him, right?

Cops are trained in the use of firearms. I'll take a wild guess that the crazy guy wasnt. So lets say the cop does not shoot, crazy guy overpowers him and gets the gun.

What's the outlook for innocent bystanders at that point?

9 shots fired!

Strangely enough, it happens, it's happened before and it will happen again.

^ In this instance the guns should have stayed in their holsters. As other posted have noted, the guy was unarmed. Non-lethal methods to control the guy were not even attempted.

All the hallmarks of a Police State

Nope. The point here is that do not mess around if you are at an airport.

The police officer did everything he could to avoid shooting the guy. The guy was very aggressive and challenging. That's not a wise thing to do under any circumstances, but especially at an airport where security is tight.

A close as he was...he could have easily gotten to the officer before he had time to unholster his weapon.