Suan Kularb students: "Sir" had sex with a 17 year old, and we can prove it

rooster59

I thought the school director was going to clear everything up, all would be revealed. That's what he said a week ago. More likely he paid off the press to dump the story.

If true, then the losers are the students. If the guy didn't do any of it, then he's the loser. What a strange story and unsatisfying ending.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound offensive, or to make light of this situation, but I always thought the legal age of consent in Thailand, where it concerns Thai on Thai was 15 years old? I realize

it is 18, when it comes to selling one's body, but an argument could be made that this was about the same as taking a woman out to dinner in the US.

Sorry to be insensitive, but most girls of the age of 17 are very active sexually. So, if she wants to trade her body for a good grade, what is the harm here?

I realize the PC crew will jump all over me for even suggesting this. But, to me it appears to be some sort of witch hunt.

Witch hunt?

It's not that I an overly "PC" person but neither am I morally bankrupt. How on earth you cannot see the harm in a young girl sleeping with the teacher to get better grades is beyond me. It is so wrong I almost don't know where to start.

She should get her grades based upon how well she does in her exams, and this is a result of how hard she studies, nothing more, nothing less. School is about education and teaching children to prepare themselves for life. It is not a place for teachers to take advantage of the situation and pander to their own sexual urges. Having sex with the teacher to receive artificially inflated grades is disgusting on every level (I do hope you are not a teacher with this kind of attitude and thinking)

Well, from what I am told, the educational system here is quite broken. Most students cheat on test. Failure of a student is not allowed, as he or she would "lose face". So, are the students really learning much? It might be different in another country, where the kids were getting a good education. But, that is not the case here.

I repeat my claim, that there is little wrong with what this girl did, to improve her grades. I do see how the teachers behavior could offend. He is supposed to be held to a higher standard.

And no, I am not a teacher, nor have I ever been a teacher. If I was a teacher, I do believe I might offer these services, if I was single, and the woman was of legal age.

Blimey. Everyone is entitled to an opinion I guess but sometimes that opinion is actually just wrong.

By the way, I too have been told that the education system here is broken, kids are not allowed to fail and it's a farce. This is why a degree from Thailand has laughable value outside the country, so at least we are in agreement on that.

Well this hot story certainly went away quickly. So is the guy guilty? Innocent? Did they finally get solid proof or actual victims to testify?

This calm usually means negotiations behind the curtains for appropriate brown envelopes and then a very mild and minor press release about two weeks later, after which it's done and dusted.