Foreign Scammers Cornered in Jomtien and Arrested

webfact

I cant stand scammers , its good to see they are caught, i hope they are jailed.

yea,Killers are a lot better

He probably don't like killers, either.........

But he was , i'm sure, refering to the present topic of scammers.

What part of scammers caused you to think the topic was about 'killers'???????

Pattaya police announced the arrest and detention of the Arab couple they have been looking for

Since when Turks or Iranians are Arabs? blink.png

Muslim probably but Arab certainly not both, of them! smile.png

It is just the way Thais racially profile. It is all about looks (face?) more so than heritage.

Kon farang = white

Kon asia = Asian

Kon negro or Kon mert = African

Kon kairk = Middle East/ Indian/ Iranian/Arab some Southern European

Perhaps not what we would consider politically correct or even all that accurate for farangs but TIT

And they did not arrest the Arab couple but the "Arab" couple.

The "" have been used for a purpose.

Surprising to see that such an old fashioned Turkish passport can still be valid.

Person description incl. height referring to a portrait photo.

Glued photo, typewriter text.

What a sloppiness!

A forgers dream.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Surprising turks are usually such nice people.whistling.gif

Were do you get your idea???

Having worked with them for a number of years in different countries in the Middle East my idea does not jive with your idea Turks are devious obviously you are not following what is going on at the Turkey - Syria border just one example: Turkey army infiltrating into Syria and then shelling villages in Turkey to rile the Turkish people thinking the Syrians are shelling them and demanding that Turkey attack Syria. Just one example no need to give you any more, I have plenty in my archive about Turkey.

...no real explanation as to what they actually did....

...and if they were in fact working for 'a Thai Tour Company'....there must be much more to the story...

...like someone found a way to cast the blame...and get rid of them...???

The only thing that could have even been remotely interesting about this story would have been the nature of the scam that only seems to work on Asians. Alas, not a word about it. Great reporting!

PattayaOne reports are always confusing.

I thought they were Arabs??????

So when will they arrest locals scammers who cheated 100s if not 1000s of farangs such as wives and local buz partners?

Your idea is a non starter. It would damage the tourism image of Thailand and the cat would be out of the bag. Older expats would clutch their purses a little tighter upon arrival and that would never do. Their Alice in Wonderland mentality when they hit Thailands shores would change overnight. We live in a "You have money and I want some" world mentality. I had to sort through 3 bad apples upon arriving here before I found a good one. Finding true love here is not easy and almost as hard as what I endured during my working years. There was lots of chaff but very few grains of wheat.

I met a scammer like that in the MRT station of Bangkok, an Indian faced guy pretending to be an expat in Dubai, this is indeed a very stupid scam and never thought that there were some gullible guys who fall for it, the guy pretending to be friendly and talking about football then asked me to show him my country s currency (wallet) which I refused politely telling him to head to chatuchak weekend market if he 's fond of banknote collection.

Edited by marcofunny

I thought they were Arabs??????

So when will they arrest locals scammers who cheated 100s if not 1000s of farangs such as wives and local buz partners?

Did they too file a police report and sufficient evidence of a crime committed?

What a pathetic post....

What exactly was the crime they allegedly committed? Read the post and it never gets around to stating it ?

True. Journalism at its best, as usual.

I believe they approach strangers asking where they're from, then when the victim warms up to the conversation, they then inject a line like "hey i want to visit your country next month. what's it like there? i have never seen your country's currency. here are my iranian rials. can you show me yours?"

When money is shown, they (now this is where victims are truly idiots) manage to talk their victims to let them hold their wallets (and go through the contents!).

PS... Best way to avoid becoming a victim is to never make eye contact. That's how the entire scam starts.

While in China I was a victim of this kind of scam (well not a victim really as I didn't fall for it). A car drove up to me and stopped. Driver Chinese and a foreigner on the front seat (looked like Indian) pulled down the glass and greeted me and told me he was new in China and haven't seen the Chinese currency and took out his wallet to show me dollars and asked me to show him some 100 yuan notes. I thought he was mad as I asked him: "So that Chinese man driving you doesn't have Chinese currency and it is from me a foreigner that you want to see 100 yuan notes?' He said no, he didn't know the man and that the man just gave him a lift, that the man didn't have any money with him as he told him. I asked him whether he forgot taking his medication before leaving home because I knew that he was a mad man. They drove off as quickly as possible. He wanted me to be so foolish to take out either my wallet or some banks notes to naively show him and he will snatch them and they take off. Scammers, hell is good for them.

7,000 Baht....How about Thai women who had conned houses and cars from Foreigners......

Those Falangs who were conned by Thai women wasn't the first time they have been conned, scammed or used. They have been scammed by their bosses, their wives and their children their whole life. Most are losers who have been losers their whole lives. Then they run to Thailand with their pensions and guess what? They get scammed again. What fool would give his entire pension or open a bar never having any experience, or build a house for any woman that he just met? None of them ever do do diligence before investing and spending money. You can't fix stupid.

Pattaya police announced the arrest and detention of the “Arab” couple they have been looking for

Since when Turks or Iranians are Arabs? blink.png

Muslim probably but Arab certainly not both, of them! smile.png

Since "Arabs" (in inverted commas) means Arabs, that's when, i.e. never.

when the military coup first came in there was a 22.00 curfew in force in pattaya and i got stopped by an arab couple near friendship asking me where they could find halal food. like i had any clue! i said better move fast everything will shut down soon or nip into friendship and get some fruit or whatever.

he then asked me 3 unrelated dumb questions all designed to put me off guard and make him look like a harmless buffoon.

at this point he opens up his wallet and shows me a wad of folded cash and asks me if i have any.

now i knew what he was up to so i said yes but a lot more than that and i went into one swearing at him in arabic (i used to work for a jewish run company and they all used to swear in arabic)

i called him a dog , a donkey, a pig and his wife/partner a prostitute etc etc.

instead of going crazy the pair fled over the road as fast as possible with my curses ringing in their ears

Surprising turks are usually such nice people.whistling.gif

Were do you get your idea???

Having worked with them for a number of years in different countries in the Middle East my idea does not jive with your idea Turks are devious obviously you are not following what is going on at the Turkey - Syria border just one example: Turkey army infiltrating into Syria and then shelling villages in Turkey to rile the Turkish people thinking the Syrians are shelling them and demanding that Turkey attack Syria. Just one example no need to give you any more, I have plenty in my archive about Turkey.

His comment was tongue-in-cheek, the smiley whistling.gif says it all.