ID No. on Thai Driving Licence

More than likely an error by the person that put in your details.

Ever since I have had a licence here they have put my Birth date as ten years younger than what I am.

Must say thanks for that. Whatever they won't change it so I have to live with their blunder. Not that it's a hard thing to do.

I renewed my car license 2 years ago and it has 022 in front of passport number making the ID 12 digits (as a Thai ID?).

22 is the day in the month I'm born, but that could be a coincidence.

Last year I renewed my motorcycle license and it shows only my passport number as ID.

It looks like they changed the system between 2014 and 2015, so an ID number can be less than 12 digits.

I have 013 before my Canadian passport number on my Thai driver license.

Also, if you check a list of diplomatic registration plate in Thailand , a Canadian diplomatic plate number start by 13.

Every country has has a ID number for diplomatic plates., so I guess the Land Transport Office use the same ID number to put before passport numbers.

Possibly not all office use the code to add in front of the passport number on the driver license. Some people I know have on;y their passport number.

Also the list they may be different for diplomatic plate and driver license.

I know from different web sites 86 is for USA and 07 Belgium UK should be 84. Brazil 09.

You can check on the list code that I attach .

Current diplomatic series in black on white.
The registration consists of one Thai letter above a two digit number followed by a hyphen and four numerals.
The Thai letter is issued for Diplomatic series.
The small two digit number indicates the embassy where 86 stands for USA.
The four numerals indicate the status where a numeral between 0400 and 0499 stands for Assistant Secretaries

post-92454-0-06839900-1465939610_thumb.j

Thai Diplomatic Plates.doc