Bizarre death of company president likely suicide, say police

webfact

Thailand's finest (as Trink use to say)

Seeing as police officers and crime investigators are supposed to be or believed to be smart individuals ( in theory anyhow ) then can we assume that this level of intelligence, often seen practiced by the Police, would be "Indicative" of the general mentality at large concerning Thai people.

I am thinking....

Cheers

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read one where it was a murder suicide, one person had one bullet in their head, and the other had two. The police were trying to figure out who killed who :( Ain,t it no wonder we brits all love Sherlock :)

Was the one with the 2 holes in the head holding the gun in their left hand with bullet entry in the right side of the head....

The victim was a red shirt? Must be suicide, case closed.

He was a yellow shirt you say? Then we will launch a thorough investigation including full forensic survey and a genuine autopsy....

Talk to any cop or EMT in any city in the world and you will find that no matter where, people kill themselves every day, often in bazaar and convoluted ways...not unique to Thailand

According to WHO, Thailand was tied with Cuba for 56th place in 2012 world suicide stats...below the USA (50), Japan (17) and surprisingly, S.Korea at #2. Guyana was #1

Of course. mere facts wont deter the TV Constant Conspiracy Squad from their "Only in Thailand" mentality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate#List_by_the_World_Health_Organization_.282012.29

If that is true (Thailand 57th), and you read all the alleged suicides on these pages that are in fact homicides, Thailand should be much lower on that list if only the RTP did her job well.

blink.png ??

I can imagine the police now;

Senior copper: "Looks like suicide to me"

Junior copper: "Should we not run a blood test first before we inform the family?"

Senior copper: "We could. Or, we could go for dinner"

Junior copped: "Dinner it is, then"

My Thai is very limited, I'm just wondering if there is an equivalent match in the Thai Language for the word 'investigate'?

Follow the money.

Seems like a lot of work to go to for a suicide - there was a case here in the last 10 years where a chap was shot twice in the head and once in the chest, and that was ruled a suicide - and this doesn't sound like a "Carradine".

Seems like a lot of work to go to for a suicide

Simply jump head first from the roof of the four-story building.

The way this is described as a suicide is beyond me. Please Mr. Policeman can you show us how this is possible. Even Poirot couldn't come up with that. Very sad and condolences for the family.

I thought it must be a misprint after reading those details and seeing the presumption of suicide.

You mean to tell me EVERY death in the land of broken smiles is NOT suicide? !?!? Either by jumping off a balcony or shot 10 times or bag around the head and hands ties? Or the head being cut off a couple living on their boat (double suicide) perhaps cong to the land of broken smiles is a form of suicide (yes I know he was thai but just saying)

Talk to any cop or EMT in any city in the world and you will find that no matter where, people kill themselves every day, often in bazaar and convoluted ways...not unique to Thailand

According to WHO, Thailand was tied with Cuba for 56th place in 2012 world suicide stats...below the USA (50), Japan (17) and surprisingly, S.Korea at #2. Guyana was #1

Of course. mere facts wont deter the TV Constant Conspiracy Squad from their "Only in Thailand" mentality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate#List_by_the_World_Health_Organization_.282012.29

These "facts" you provide are reported by the government. If a death is ruled a suicide it will go into the suicide column. This data is worth squat because it is up to the government to provide the information. I'm not a member of the "conspiracy squad" but the fact remains that the Thai police do not investigate a death with the same vigor that you would see in other countries such as the US and Great Britain. While it is possible that a man committed suicide in this manner, any logical investigator would not approach the investigation as a suicide. Taped face to the neck and bound hands does not scream suicide to a competent investigator. The proper way would be to treat the death as a homicide and only after that avenue has been completely ruled out, start looking into the death as a possible suicide.

Thailand's finest (as Trink use to say)

Seeing as police officers and crime investigators are supposed to be or believed to be smart individuals ( in theory anyhow ) then can we assume that this level of intelligence, often seen practiced by the Police, would be "Indicative" of the general mentality at large concerning Thai people.

I am thinking....

Cheers

And you would be right

Winnie

Very bizarre indeed , then again you tend not to struggle with a glock held at your head , just a suggestion......................................coffee1.gif ..

Whether it was a Glock or a bazooka, a suffocating person will struggle. If you don't believe me, try it yourself.

It is a natural survival instinct to struggle in such a circumstance.

There was a case in the USA were a woman asked a friend to tie her hands behind her back and tie her legs so she couldn't move then put a plastic bag over her head and tie it. I cant remember why she wanted it but I think she had a terminal illness she didn't want to suffer until the end came. So yes it could have been suicide.

Very bizarre indeed , then again you tend not to struggle with a glock held at your head , just a suggestion......................................coffee1.gif ..

Whether it was a Glock or a bazooka, a suffocating person will struggle. If you don't believe me, try it yourself.

It is a natural survival instinct to struggle in such a circumstance.

There was a case in the USA were a woman asked a friend to tie her hands behind her back and tie her legs so she couldn't move then put a plastic bag over her head and tie it. I cant remember why she wanted it but I think she had a terminal illness she didn't want to suffer until the end came. So yes it could have been suicide.

Yes it could have but just as easily murder - but for the BIB, suicide is easy, convenient, and a lot less work.

If he used zip ties or handcuffs then possible but to tie your own hands well enough to stay cuffed in the bodies natural fight for survival is hard to believe.try holding your breath & tying your hands via cord, even with pre planing it not easy .

sloppy reporting or sloppy police work, being thailand everything sloppy :-/

Follow the money.

Seems like a lot of work to go to for a suicide - there was a case here in the last 10 years where a chap was shot twice in the head and once in the chest, and that was ruled a suicide - and this doesn't sound like a "Carradine".

I do remember the case from around 10-12 yrs ago,where the victim was found with the gun in his hand. According to the police he had been shot from both sides to his head. Conclusion - suicide.

Follow the money.

I do remember the case from around 10-12 yrs ago,where the victim was found with the gun in his hand. According to the police he had been shot from both sides to his head. Conclusion - suicide.

Perfectly valid conclusion, the first shot was to see if it would work once that was established he then proceeded to shoot himself.