Retirement Extension Before 90 Day Due

JWNZ

I am due to do a 90 day report on or before August 22nd 2016.
​Before that, I will apply for my first retirement extension, my current permission to stay expires August 16th.

Is the process twofold, whereby I apply for my extension, then I still have to do a 90 day report before August 22nd, or does the 90 days reset after doing the extension, as it would when leaving then returning from overseas, for example?

In the past, I have only done one 90 day report in person at Promenada, due to an online attempt failing. I have in the past used and favor the postal method of reporting.

Thanks..........

I heard the first extension counted as a report...I didn't press the issue...I did it online a week before.....If I was at Imm. for extension and needed a 90; I wouldn't even think about it until I had my new stamp back in my hand. Then maybe mention it to the desk....

First extension counts as report, that can be already the "1 month under consideration" for marriage extension or any other short term thing.

Most people make the mistake an report late the first time based on extension date. 2000B to help the local economy :)

You can apply for your retirement extension 30 days before it expires. You can do your 90 day report 15 days before it`s due.

If you go to an agency or immigration for your retirement extension anytime within 15 days before it expires then at the same time you can do your 90 day report as well.