German woman falls to her death from Bangkok condo

rooster59

Here we go again, another 100 posts on why it happened.

Only 100 ? more like 1,000,, your very conservative.. wink.png

Well here's 1,001....Bet 50 baht that the autopsy show drugs in her system....I would think that a lawyer can afford nose dust and any other HiSo drug on the street....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good friends of mine.

RIP Doris.

And no chance the husband did it. He was devoted to her.

Many thanks for an invaluable first hand point of view... Poop happens, but the nay Sayers will be out in force, regardless.

Sympathies to the husband.... Sorry you've lost a friend... And RIP Doris.

Thank you. It means a lot to have a genuine comment.

That's sweet and all lovie dovie, but Doris is now dead !! so tell us your thoughts on her. Do you think she was suicidal,? had she ever threatened killing hreself? Was she as devoted to him as you say, he was to her ? If they were a happy couple, one doesn't end up dead after an argument, by jumping or being pushed off a 24 story balcony.. something just does't add up here.. Maybe I could believe it if she died of a heart attack, but not this !!!

You say you know the couple, so give us all your thoughts on what you think happened ??

After heated arguments with my (former) husband, I thought many times of stripping him of all his assets.

I never once thought of giving him everything.

That always amuses me that sort of mentality.

" Strip him of all HIS assets "

5555555 priceless.

What occurs to some women to think that this sort of behaviour is so acceptable?

RIP & also my thoughts are to the husband, who, if the story actually went the way described must be devastated.

Terrible way to end things.

I'll tell you why it "occurs" to some women to think this sort of "behavior" is so acceptable. I saw it sometimes when my parents got into arguments and I hear it when western men get into shouting matches with Thai women out on the street outside our condo. It's because the partners in the relationship aren't economic equals and haven't contributed equally to the acquisition of marital assets AND the man lords it over the woman, especially in arguments.

Something along the lines of "I work hard all week to buy you everything you want, to provide a good house, a new car every year, send the kids to the best schools and this is the way I'm treated". "Go ahead and walk out. What will you use for money? What kind of job can you get at your age, with your looks, what man will want you.?ho will take care of you? You don't know what a good deal you have here."

How many of you can honestly claim you've never used lines like that in an argument with a long-time partner? And then you wonder why she's thinks it's acceptable to think of ways to protect herself economically?

Personally, my husband has never used lines like that when we've had disagreements and I've never threatened to "strip him of his assets". But we have very similar educational and work history backgrounds and pension income that also is very similar, so there simply isn't the economic imbalance that exists in many relationships.

Don't get me wrong -- we still have our disagreements from time-to-time and there have been times when I've been tempted to take drastic action. But, unlike the poor woman in this news story, it hasn't been to jump off the condo, but rather to go out and rent a second "getaway" condo or take a little holiday on my own for a week or two. But maybe she didn't have her own resources to be able to do this.

Only 100 ? more like 1,000,, your very conservative.. wink.png

Well here's 1,001....Bet 50 baht that the autopsy show drugs in her system....I would think that a lawyer can afford nose dust and any other HiSo drug on the street....

50 baht. Hi roller. Lo IQ Edited by dhream

Inflammatory posts have been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.
9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

After heated arguments with my (former) husband, I thought many times of stripping him of all his assets.

5555555 priceless.

What occurs to some women to think that this sort of behaviour is so acceptable?

RIP & also my thoughts are to the husband, who, if the story actually went the way described must be devastated.

I'll tell you why it "occurs" to some women to think this sort of "behavior" is so acceptable. I saw it sometimes when my parents got into arguments and I hear it when western men get into shouting matches with Thai women out on the street outside our condo. It's because the partners in the relationship aren't economic equals and haven't contributed equally to the acquisition of marital assets AND the man lords it over the woman, especially in arguments.

Something along the lines of "I work hard all week to buy you everything you want, to provide a good house, a new car every year, send the kids to the best schools and this is the way I'm treated". "Go ahead and walk out. What will you use for money? What kind of job can you get at your age, with your looks, what man will want you.?ho will take care of you? You don't know what a good deal you have here."

How many of you can honestly claim you've never used lines like that in an argument with a long-time partner? And then you wonder why she's thinks it's acceptable to think of ways to protect herself economically?

Personally, my husband has never used lines like that when we've had disagreements and I've never threatened to "strip him of his assets". But we have very similar educational and work history backgrounds and pension income that also is very similar, so there simply isn't the economic imbalance that exists in many relationships.

Don't get me wrong -- we still have our disagreements from time-to-time and there have been times when I've been tempted to take drastic action. But, unlike the poor woman in this news story, it hasn't been to jump off the condo, but rather to go out and rent a second "getaway" condo or take a little holiday on my own for a week or two. But maybe she didn't have her own resources to be able to do this.

Hello Nancy, hope you are well.

It's the way it's written, strip him of his assets. For me, my wife and I share 'our' assets.

My wife works, I don't, she supports me and she earns more than my megure pension. We have investment, that ours. We been together a long time, if she gave me my marching orders I would never try to take her to the cleaners.

Many moons ago, long time ago I was married once before, there was none of that money nastiness back then either.

I've never threatened my wife in any sort of way, not in my makeup and weighted disagree about stuff, sadly enough she's always wrong and me right 5555

As you know I use to police and I've seen all sorts of domestic disputes, I've seen men and women mistreated but I've seen a lot of men suffer at the hands of a system in Australia where through the courts some men are so financially crippled by the process they live terribly on the poverty line while their ex struts around the fancy shopping malls. In Australia many men suicide in these situations.

Stripping someone financially is just another form of violence.

I do not condone violence in any relationship.

I've only ever slapped my wife in the rump when I'm making her an offer she can't refuse, I'd post a picture for you but you'd probably get too excited and attack that husband of yours, mr bitey?, I think you called him.

Be kind to each other, physical, mental or financial trauma is NEVER acceptable. Life's too short for that shat, I'm sure you agree.

Physical violence should only ever be used in shopping malls when folk get I front of ya cart....they're fair game then ;)

5555555 priceless.

Hello Nancy, hope you are well.

It's the way it's written, strip him of his assets. For me, my wife and I share 'our' assets.

My wife works, I don't, she supports me and she earns more than my megure pension. We have investment, that ours. We been together a long time, if she gave me my marching orders I would never try to take her to the cleaners.

Many moons ago, long time ago I was married once before, there was none of that money nastiness back then either.

I've never threatened my wife in any sort of way, not in my makeup and weighted disagree about stuff, sadly enough she's always wrong and me right 5555

As you know I use to police and I've seen all sorts of domestic disputes, I've seen men and women mistreated but I've seen a lot of men suffer at the hands of a system in Australia where through the courts some men are so financially crippled by the process they live terribly on the poverty line while their ex struts around the fancy shopping malls. In Australia many men suicide in these situations.

Stripping someone financially is just another form of violence.

I do not condone violence in any relationship.

I've only ever slapped my wife in the rump when I'm making her an offer she can't refuse, I'd post a picture for you but you'd probably get too excited and attack that husband of yours, mr bitey?, I think you called him.

Be kind to each other, physical, mental or financial trauma is NEVER acceptable. Life's too short for that shat, I'm sure you agree.

Physical violence should only ever be used in shopping malls when folk get I front of ya cart....they're fair game then wink.png

correct about woman in Australia crippling men financially and emotionally, I am from NZ and it's same there,,

I spent 2 years building a block of apartments with the idea to retire and travel the world when they were finished,,, My great retirement lasted one week, as my wife said a week after, one morning " I am leaving you"......... She waited 2 years all the time screwing around with heaps of different guys ( I found out after) while waiting for me to finish the apartments... she never came to the site once, never lifted a finger to help with any part of the building, never put one cent towards it.... but with the shit laws in those countries, she now owns them !!!

It took 10 years of depression, doctors, councillers and suicidal thoughts, to finally get past all that... Now I wish we had lived in a 24 story apartment,, whistling.gif

Think Mr. Beger will have some serious explaining to do... I very much doubt that she jumped voluntarily.

Let Mr. Beger jump during the reenactment, please! Just to make it more "realistic"...

RIP Doris Erika - hope you are in a better place right now.

Better place?

Lying on a slab in the morgue as opposed to living in a high rise apartment I know there are some hellish apartments in Thailand, but was hers really that bad?

You are funny! thumbsup.gif

Slippery Snake,

I'm glad you are through that unscathed.

Years ago I spent 20 minutes chatting to a man in a similar situation, only difference is he ended up jumping and later I had to scoop him into a body bag, I will never forget it.

Happens often. So I'm led to believe .

Ex livers be ultimately very nasty to each other. Penises and vaginas causing so much pain.

Anyway this is Thailand and peops here always jump to the worst conclusions.

Slippery Snake,

I'm glad you are through that unscathed.

Years ago I spent 20 minutes chatting to a man in a similar situation, only difference is he ended up jumping and later I had to scoop him into a body bag, I will never forget it.

Happens often. So I'm led to believe .

Ex livers be ultimately very nasty to each other. Penises and vaginas causing so much pain.

Anyway this is Thailand and peops here always jump to the worst conclusions.

thanks, all good now, but I not thinking to get married again in a hurry.. hehe.

Yes it does happen often and this may be a case of it too.. When they argued did the lawyer say "That's it the marriage is over, you leave here in the morning, I want a divorce" What is this 57 year old woman going to do, when her life is ripped off her,, same as your man friend, that did the same! jump.

Whatever happened, it is tragic.

The husband (widower) should not appear with a very young girlfriend too soon.

haha, of course that would't look good. But If he did nothing wrong and she jumped all by herself, then he must be heartbroken,

and may need to find some comfort with a sexy young Thai woman.. 5555

Just for the record, the husband is Hubby and the cat is Mr. Bitey! Mr. Bitey does endure terrible abuse at the hands of Hubby, but I don't think he'd drop Mr. Bitey off the balcony. Maybe onto the bed or sofa, but never off the balcony.

post-68373-0-59617100-1466946290_thumb.j

Two things can be reinforced by this sad story in the OP:

A. Don't get too attached to another person or to money. We don't know whether there was a tiff about money, but it's likely. The two most common factors in arguments between a couple are: Money and/or messing around.

B. Enjoy each day. Each day is another day to be alive. You'll notice it mostly if you have a near-death experience. Chances are, after you recover, you come out of it with a renewed appreciation for life. It happened to me, 3 yrs ago when I fell 7 meters through a roof. Fractured both wrists and broke a heel bone clean in half. The first thing I wanted to do the next day; sit in the sun and feel its rays. For weeks afterward, every time I saw kids, I would smile and wave with enthusiasm - something I rarely did before the accident. .....and other uplifting things.

But am still not married (for several reasons), including; marriage is not for everyone. It creates unnecessary attachments, which can then lead to hassles, headache, heartache ("What's Love Got To Do, Got to Do With It?") .....and possibly a fatal jump off a high balcony.

Just for the record, the husband is Hubby and the cat is Mr. Bitey! Mr. Bitey does endure terrible abuse at the hands of Hubby, but I don't think he'd drop Mr. Bitey off the balcony. Maybe onto the bed or sofa, but never off the balcony.

Ohhhhh, I thought u said the husband was called mr bitey, my apologies.

I. Hope he doesn't get to freaky with the cat, there's laws against that you know nance. 555555

:P

5555555 priceless.

Or maybe she was depressed and doesn't think like you. Everyone is guessing. I do find it typical some women here laying blame on the man, but if we could omit the personal life stories, there are other fora here for that. This is about one person.

RIP

Off topic, but as you asked,

My divorce lawyer, the judge, and all my divorced friends.

The divorce lawyer, sure he thinks it's great, as they make a fortune out of all these divorces,, the more the merrier.............

Judges, because that is what the stupid laws say is correct, so they have to obey the law...........

And your divorced friends, because ( mostly woman ) know what they can get..... and this causes divorces, just greedy wives, with a legal form of robbery.

I know a couple, been together 25 years, he inherited the family farm of 4 generations, one day the woman heard the farm was worth 3 million and she was entitled to half, the next week she filed for divorce.. The guy had to sell the farm and committed suicide a year later..

Bet he wished he lived 24 floors up. I wonder if this guy was a divorce lawyer ? then he would know what happens..

Because there sure as hell is something more than just a jumper after an argument....

5555555 priceless.

Or maybe she was depressed and doesn't think like you. Everyone is guessing. I do find it typical some women here laying blame on the man, but if we could omit the personal life stories, there are other fora here for that. This is about one person.

RIP

There were no witnesses, no suicide note. nothing...

There is only the lawyers story which may, or may not, be the truth. So no one will ever really know what happened, only him.

Remember lawyers will fight to prove a person is innocent in court (for money) when they know bloody well the person is guilty,, that's their job...

Lawyers, are mostly smart people, There may not have even been an argument, just a made up story to make it all sound more plausable that she would jump.. So if he did push, I am sure he will get away with it.... the perfect crime.

If she did jump all by herself, then why ? I guess we will never know...

So, let me get that right, a group of old bitter friends and a couple of lawyers, says it all really.

I sometimes wonder how lawyers sleep at night.

The divorce lawyer, sure he thinks it's great, as they make a fortune out of all these divorces,, the more the merrier.............

Judges, because that is what the stupid laws say is correct, so they have to obey the law...........

And your divorced friends, because ( mostly woman ) know what they can get..... and this causes divorces, just greedy wives, with a legal form of robbery.

I know a couple, been together 25 years, he inherited the family farm of 4 generations, one day the woman heard the farm was worth 3 million and she was entitled to half, the next week she filed for divorce.. The guy had to sell the farm and committed suicide a year later..

Bet he wished he lived 24 floors up. I wonder if this guy was a divorce lawyer ? then he would know what happens..

Because there sure as hell is something more than just a jumper after an argument....

A judge is just a retired lawyer.

A lawyer is basically a prostitute of the legal system as most will work for anyone for a price.

Most of them are devoid of moral standing. Could you represent a murderer, a rapist, a dirty scum bag that destroys children, nope I couldn't, well these scum bags do. Not for me.

Anyhoooo, each to their own.

Here we go again, another one with NOTHING to post, but likes to see their name.

What I find interesting is the pool water is so calm, did no one think to drag her out and apply resuscitation, her husband new she "jumped" and "didn't" raise the alarm until some time later, and a "fall" from their condo didn't make any sound to raise any suspicion from other dwellers.

My son lives in this condo immediately above the swimming pool (one floor above). His balcony overlooks the swimming pool. But on Friday night he was away in Khao Yai with a group of friends for the weekend. He only found out about this accident when he returned on Sunday night. If he had been at home he would have heard the commotion. He often saw Mrs Berger sun bathing at the pool. Only a part of the pool is under cover. All very very sad.

Most of them are devoid of moral standing. Could you represent a murderer, a rapist, a dirty scum bag that destroys children, nope I couldn't, well these scum bags do. Not for me.

Wayyyyyy off topic now,

But I think most lawyers specialize in one area, my lawyer just did divorce, you appear to be ranting about criminal lawyers.

Wayyyyyy off topic now,

But I think most lawyers specialize in one area, my lawyer just did divorce, you appear to be ranting about criminal lawyers.

Some might argue lawyers specialising in divorce are criminals.

Not me, but...

Wayyyyyy off topic now,

Some might argue lawyers specialising in divorce are criminals.

Not me, but...

Does anyone know what this lawyer did specialize in ? was it divorce, if so it really makes me wonder what the argument was about !!! something very serious to end up with her dead, one way or the other.... suicide or murder..

Unfortunately in marriage a partner, can lie, deceive, and cheat you and get away with it,, it is all quite legal, as none of that is looked at, at least not in NZ. But if a business partner did the same they would be locked up for years,,, there is quite often no justice in divorce cases,, just 50/50 each, no matter what and that is the financial, property side of it.. the emotional side is is about 100% to Zip.. as one persons life is ripped to bits ( usually the man) were as the woman just skips of merrily into a new life she has planned for years.. Maybe not always, but often It is.. and it was in my case and quite a few other guys I have talked to.

So, let me get that right, a group of old bitter friends and a couple of lawyers, says it all really.

I sometimes wonder how lawyers sleep at night.

I don't think bitter old friends,, but a bunch of happy rich bitches now, that took their husbands for all they could, with the lawyers help..