Air Force helicopter went missing over mountains in Chanthaburi

rooster59

Air Force helicopter went missing over mountains in Chanthaburi

BANGKOK: A Royal Thai Air Force helicopter with three crews on board went missing as it was flying over Khao Chamao and Khao Wongkot in Chanthaburi province Saturday afternoon.

The chopper disappeared from the radar and lost contact with its base at about 2 pm prompting the RTAF to launch search and rescue operations which lasted about four hours until 6 pm when rains started rendering the operations impossible.

Search will resume on Sunday morning with help from the Royal Thai Navy as the area where the chopper was suspected to have crashed is under the jurisdiction of the Marines.

RTAF spokesman Air Vice Marshal Pongsak Semachai said that the helicopter was attached to 2034 air wing at Don Meuang and it was on a resupplying mission in Chanthaburi province.

The three missing officers were identified as Squadron Leader Pasit Techasen, Captain Alongkorn Chankrachang, both pilots, and Sgt-Maj Visut Puttharaksa, the mechanic.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/air-force-helicopter-went-missing-mountains-

chanthaburi/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-26

I'd be really interested to see a comparison between nations as to how many of their helos and planes crash, It seems to me that Thailand crashes way more than it's fair share.

Mountain... fly... over...not... into...

W

Dear Journalist person,

The plural of individual crew is crew. The plural for a group of people sub divided into crews (for each aircraft) is crews.

Crew is not a singular. It describes two or more crewmembers.

It reads like this: The aircraft and its crew. That's one aircraft and one crew (of more than one person).

Or The aircraft and their crews. That's more than one aircraft and more than one crew.

God I'm bored Today!

Edited by dhream

Dear Journalist person,

The plural of individual crew is crew. The plural for a group of people sub divided into crews (for each aircraft) is crews.

It reads like this: The aircraft and its crew. That's one aircraft and one crew (of more than one person).

Or The aircraft and their crews. That's more than one aircraft and more than one crew.

God I'm bored Today!

Wouldn't it actually be 'the aircrafts' and crew'? Edited by Reigntax

Hope they are alright. Not the best time of year for helicopters in Thailand:

July 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_military_aircraft_(2010%E2%80%93present)

They seem to spend a lot of money on uniforms ceremonies and wasting on aircraft carriers that can do nothing.

Why not improve what they do use to at least a safe level.

Yes too many accidents and not caring about safety in all matters thai related

Edited by marcusd

I'd be really interested to see a comparison between nations as to how many of their helos and planes crash, It seems to me that Thailand crashes way more than it's fair share.

W

Go and have a look at the number of fatal chopper crashes in the north sea over the last few years and come back and share your new found expertise

Quick! Get all the top air force commanders out there and have a ceremony in the jungle to appease the bad spirits that brought them down!

'Interesting' how some people seem to consider unfortunate events like this amusing. 3 lives have likely been lost and its not something I will be laughing about.

W

Go and have a look at the number of fatal chopper crashes in the north sea over the last few years and come back and share your new found expertise

I guess you didn't read the first line then...

Winnie

Trust. But verify.

Quick! Get all the top air force commanders out there and have a ceremony in the jungle to appease the bad spirits that brought them down!

'Interesting' how some people seem to consider unfortunate events like this amusing. 3 lives have likely been lost and its not something I will be laughing about.

I don't thinbk I've seen any posts where people are laughing about 3 deaths, that would be bizarre indeed.

But. Assuming for a moment, that some people are laughing about something else, what do you think it would be?

Winnie

Trust. But verify.

W

Winnie

Trust. But verify.

Yes i did, but you had already drawn your conclusion on the basis of absolutely nothing

W

Winnie

Trust. But verify.

Yes i did, but you had already drawn your conclusion on the basis of absolutely nothing

Mindreading..OK.

You have no idea what I was thinking or what I concluded. Still, if it pleases you to think you did...

W

Dear Journalist person,

God I'm bored Today!

Wouldn't it actually be 'the aircrafts' and crew'?
No never. No matter what the media print. They're wrong. But what's new?

Dear Journalist person,

God I'm bored Today!

Here's the contact details for Thai PBS:

http://www2.thaipbs.or.th/contact.php

Please contact them and explain to them the shortcomings you found in their report.

Search resumes for missing helicopter and three crew members

image-12-wpcf_728x409.jpeg

CHANTABURI: -- Search resumed Sunday morning for three missing crews of an Air Force helicopter which went missing from the radar Saturday afternoon while it was flying over mountains in Chanthaburi province to deliver supplies to a mountain-top radar station.

About 300 men from the army, marines, forestry officials were involved in the search and rescue mission after the attempt on Saturday was called off in the evening as darkness loomed and rain turned heavy.

It was suspected that the chopper might have crashed into Hill 800, a densely forested mountain about 800 metres above mean sea level called Pha Klong Song by local villagers.

The three missing crews are Squadron Leader Pasit Techasen, the pilot, Captain Alongkorn Chankrachang, the co-pilot and a mechanic, Sgt-Maj Visut Puttharaksa.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/search-resumes-missing-helicopter-three-crew-members/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-27

Helicopters are dangerous anyway. They work on a clutch system same as a car. Trouble is if a car's clutch fails you can pull t the side of the road, if the same happens in a helicopter you drop

Fixed wing aircraft are dangerous anyway. The engines provide thrust same as a car. Trouble is if a car's engine fails you can pull it to the side of the road, if the same happens on a fixed wing aircraft yo dropsmile.png

28 June 2016

An Air Force helicopter that disappeared Saturday was found in the Khao Chamao-Khao Wong National Park Tuesday morning. All the three crew members were killed in the crash, a senior Air Force officer said.

ACM Sutthipong Inseeyong, director of the Air Operation Control Directorate who headed the search mission, said the two pilots and a mechanic for the helicopter were all killed.

The UH-1H Huey lost contact over the Khao Chamao-Khao Wong National Park that straddles Rayong and Chanthaburi provinces. The chopper was en route to provide supplies to an Air Force radar station.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Missing-helicopter-found-crashed-three-killed-30289291.html