New Travel & Accommodation Service

Hello,

I am interested to open an accommodation Service & travel agency in thailand.

I have oversea travel operators, who wants to make the marketing for hotel's and other accommodations, so i want to build up a company, to make this "incoming company".

Do I need a TAT Licence ? how much will this cost ?

Can I make the business registration first on my Home adress and change later to an office ?

where can I get more information about this TAT Llicence,

Thanks in advance,

SamuiRep

Hello,

I am interested to open an accommodation Service & travel agency in thailand.

I have oversea travel operators, who wants to make the marketing for hotel's and other accommodations, so i want to build up a company, to make this "incoming company".

Do I need a TAT Licence ? how much will this cost ?

Can I make the business registration first on my Home adress and change later to an office ?

where can I get more information about this TAT Llicence,

Thanks in advance,

SamuiRep

To get a TAT license you will need a deposit of 200,000 baht, plus the initial fee for the license itself. The TAT will need to see you have a "company" 1st, premises, staff etc so forget using a house as an address.

Setting up a company is an even bigger task if you want to work in tourism, especially if it involves bringing cleints into Thailand.

My suggestion is this, if you have contacts overseas or a good business idea then look at working with an existing travel company. Although I have to say that Samui (assuming thats is the market you are looking at) is not the best place to start.

It amazes me how many people come to Thailand and try to do it alone, a dollar shared is better than a dollar lost !

Good luck ! :o

To get a TAT license you will need a deposit of 200,000 baht, plus the initial fee for the license itself. The TAT will need to see you have a "company" 1st, premises, staff etc so forget using a house as an address.

Setting up a company is an even bigger task if you want to work in tourism, especially if it involves bringing cleints into Thailand.

My suggestion is this, if you have contacts overseas or a good business idea then look at working with an existing travel company. Although I have to say that Samui (assuming thats is the market you are looking at) is not the best place to start.

It amazes me how many people come to Thailand and try to do it alone, a dollar shared is better than a dollar lost !

Good luck ! :o

Cheers Taxin,

I was today at the TAT in Nathon on Samui & they asked for, what you told me here.

The problem is not, to start something, because i have an idea. I am really experienced in Tourism and i saw some possibility's here on Samui as well. I have good contacts to Travel Operators, who are willed to make the marketing for this. So i am not afraid, to stay there without Customers.

I not wanna make something illegal, so i ask ask ask, of course at the official Places, too.

If i would ask a Travrl Agency to work with me together, they would take my Customers out of my hands & would make all incoming by themself's. I have try to make this, but the owner of this travel agency tried to take all contacts from me, but did'nt want to give me any guarantee or helping me to get a longterm visa + workpermit, to start bringing Tourists to here.

Thaks for giving me these informations,

Best Regards,

Samui Rep