Coming To Issan

marshall

Hi Guys,

Im visiting Issan in a couple of weeks and am looking to maybe meet up with some of you, if you are not too busy. I live and work in bangkok. My dear lady is from issan and she is having my baby, so we are going up to see her folks ive been before and really enjoyed being away from the holy city of bangkok.My girlfriend stays in a village which is called Nonvanfi, dont know if the spelling is correct. please keep in touch guys and any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks Marshall

Hi Guys,

Im visiting Issan in a couple of weeks and am looking to maybe meet up with some of you, if you are not too busy. I live and work in bangkok. My dear lady is from issan and she is having my baby, so we are going up to see her folks ive been before and really enjoyed being away from the holy city of bangkok.My girlfriend stays in a village which is called Nonvanfi, dont know if the spelling is correct. please keep in touch guys and any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks Marshall

That's a bit like saying........" Hi guys, I'm coming to England.............................................

My good lady stays 1 hour away from Khon Khan by car hope this is of help to you.

How will i contact you all.

Thanks for the offer of the beer but i dont drink you will be saying whaaaat, the food and a glass of nam would be gratefully accepted and the farang company thanks guys.

My good lady stays 1 hour away from Khon Khan by car hope this is of help to you.

Thanks for the offer of the beer but i dont drink you will be saying whaaaat, the food and a glass of nam would be gratefully accepted and the farang company thanks guys.

Good, water is cheaper ha ha !

We are in Phibun Mangsahan, a little far from you, but drop by if you are touring - for example on the way to Pha Taem, Kong Chiam, or Chong Mek. PM me if you are coming our way :o

Meeting "Farangs" in the Isaan is not all that difficult. Where there is some sort of a "mayor bus station" just ask where the nearest Beer-Bar is locateted. As a rule: Usually within 300 Meters from the Bus Station. Chances are, you will find Farangs (at least one, usually a long term resident) there. Be assured, after the the first 5 "Singhas" (that you will pay for , of course) it usually gets interesting, especially when the time comes "to go home". As a "Newcomer" to the Isaan, ignore comments like "I don't know what I am doing here and I am not sure why I came here in the first place, (although him knowing well why he came here in the first place,eehmm....!). Just ignore it and enjoy! The time you will say the same will (may) come soon enough!

Cheers!

Good, water is cheaper ha ha !

We are in Phibun Mangsahan, a little far from you, but drop by if you are touring - for example on the way to Pha Taem, Kong Chiam, or Chong Mek. PM me if you are coming our way :o

Mke

R u in Phibun now???

Howdy Marshall,

If fate brings you into Chiayaphum province, please drop in and visit us here at:

19/1 Moo2, Ban Sakinam, Gudtum, Chiayaphum, 36000, Thailand

We are about 12 km North of downtown Chiayaphum on Hiway 201. Call us at 06-090-8686 if you CAN visit. We welcome all Thai and Farang members of this forum to visit. BYOB as we don't drink but enjoy others who do imbide.

Ken/Rattana Bower

[email protected]

We are about 12 km North of downtown Chiayaphum on Hiway 201. Call us at 06-090-8686 if you CAN visit. We welcome all Thai and Farang members of this forum to visit. BYOB as we don't drink but enjoy others who do imbide.

Ken/Rattana Bower

[email protected]

Ken, I must have driven past your house on the way to my house many times, I also have a house on the 201 Highway, about 150 Kms further north than you though, near Phu Kradung, Loei.

:o

If you will be coming through Amphoe Non Sa-at (64 km north of Khon Kaen on Highway 2, which goes up to Udon Thani) give me a telephone call to see if I am going to be at home at that time.

My house is only two minutes drive from the Highway and you, or any other farangs, are always welcome to call in for coffee or a mug of tea.

'Cheeky Farang', called in on me yesterday, on his way up to Nong Khai; and will be calling in on the day back later today.

Martin Allinson, 214 Group 2, Ban Non Sa-at, Amphoe Non Sa-at, Udon Thani 41240.

The house is a typical 'baan farang' with a green roof, on the left just 100 metres along the soi that goes between the Police Station and the Post Office and leads to the Primary School.

Landline: 042 392 705.

My mobile (if I haven't left it behind me somewhere): 0833 422 609

Wife's mobile: (if she hasn't left it behind her somewhere): 089 861 4469

[email protected]

I will try to put a photo of the house below, but I am not very ept at IT, so it may not work.

Edit: Well, I have managed to attach the photo and the thumbnail is OK, but when I click on the thumbnail I get the photo about three times too high and five times too wide for my computer screen.

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to 'zoom out' on it, so I can see it all at once, please?

post-1966-1164170059_thumb.jpg

Edited by Martin

Hi Guys,

Thanks Marshall

Marshall,

I'll be in Surin Christmas day..for a 9 day stay.

Will probably be too late to meet you.

If anyone would like a beer and introduce me to Soi Kola, PM me.

Colin

Hi Guys,

Thanks Marshall

Marshall,

Colin

When in Surin and you want a beer, contact the "Horizontal Mod", He can be found at the "Farang Connection" on any day that ends with a "Y" :o

Hi Guys,

Thanks Marshall

Marshall,

Colin

When in Surin and you want a beer, contact the "Horizontal Mod", He can be found at the "Farang Connection" on any day that ends with a "Y" :o

Hi Guys,

Thanks Marshall

Marshall,

Colin

Horizontal Mod??

I know Martin, but normally try to keep verticle....

Hi Guys,

Thanks Marshall

Marshall,

Colin

Hi Colin,

I'll be in Surin on the 23rd of December staying for one week. Will be looking fo builders. Going to star building a western style home on my wifes land. 3 rai.

we expect to move from Pattaya no later than next sept. end.

Starting to have way too much crime in Pattaya.

My wifes land is in Ampur Prasat, but I will be driving back and foth to the main Ampur Muang.

Barry