Rape-tainment: Officials seek punishment against 'Club Friday' TV soap for violent scenes

webfact

The women in the video is correct to portray rape and then the victim falling in love with the rapist as if its a normal thing is disgusting to say the least.what kind of message does that send. If you show rape portray it as it is a deplorable act that should be punished severely.It is an act that affects the victims and their families for ever.

Good news and lets hope there's more to come. Having a rape and violence scene on daytime TV is pretty disgraceful and it does nothing to promote the fact the rape and violence against women is wrong.

Note that the TV show in question is "based on true stories people call in". This is where I believe the PC crowd has it wrong.

The PC crowd wants to sterilize reality. They want to create some fantasy world that completely ignores reality. Alas, reality is still barking at the door.

Instead, when a show like this one airs a scene such as the one in question, then they should balance that airing. They should show the consequent suffering of the woman who was harmed. They should show the perpetrator dealing with the police, hearing the court's judgement, and stepping into his new home - a nasty looking jail cell. They should show his friends and family condemning his actions and shunning him. Instead of ignoring reality, they should show a more proper view of it.

That said, I really don't think they need to show the actual act of pressing the woman's face against the hot muffler pipe. That could certainly have been implied. Going that far is simply pandering.

Have seen only brief excerpts.

I do not look that garbage.

Fortunately, my thai mother in law has forbidden the children to see this scrap.

Where's your wife?

In hospital with a burnt face ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Causing her to become deformed?

Can someone help me with this one?

Sure, try utilising the stuff between the ears for a better understanding.

Edited by Artisi