Foreigner Beaten in Walking Street A-Go-Go

webfact

Being a tourist of the mongering kind, carry certain number of risks to life and limbs, be it known

to all ' tourists ' that comes to Thailand looking for action that there're limitations as how far

you can let your hair down and play the field thinking that the locals are bunch of morons.....

Yes, he caused it.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote; The injured tourist was treated at the hospital and then quickly discharged himself after being told that this particular venue has a record of beating up guests and he feared somebody would turn up to look for him in the emergency room.

So this go-go place apparently have staff that like to beat up customers, <deleted>?? I wish the army would give some payback big time, send in 25 troops after they been told to trash the place including the bouncers.

Seems some of the bouncers in Pattaya loves to beat up westerners but off-course not one on one, but 4 to 1 minimum. Brainless cowards.

+4000 baht bar bill, another typical scam some venues practice when the times are hard.

Pay for each drink, don't wait until you want to leave.

But then again,could be the bars fault after all.

Looking at the bill apparently he offered several drinks to many different ladies there. It still doesn't justify a beating, but yes force the guest to pay the bill, maybe involving police, but as they operate out of allowed business hours it will be unlikely

I hope this does not put him off Thailand.

They cannot afford to lose quality tourists like him.

Your pure quality yourself

How have you found this tourist guilty after reading this post? Was you there? We Ferangs are here to be accosted, robbed, murdered, molested, conned and taken for granted. It's our birthright we deserve this treatment. How dare we think we can come here and walk away scot free.

All this shit about protection and get a free teddy bear is a loada &lt;deleted&gt;. Anybody sporting gold deserves a good beating just for wearing it since that's asking for it. Don't recall how many times I've seen people being over charged it's part & parcel of Thai culture.

Just saying .......

+4000 baht bar bill, another typical scam some venues practice when the times are hard.

He had an automated bill very clearly itemising all the lady drinks he bought, and there were a lot, so where's the "typical scam"?

Bill padding, they add additional items to your bill (if you're drunk they add far more).

Even respectable bars do that. I know that and I don't go to bars.

But the mom and pop stores also add extra items to foreigner bills if you don't watch them.

It's common behaviour for Thais to steal from foreigners (and out of town Thais).

not just foreigners, my missus often buys,like most in the village, on credit at the village shop and pays at the end of the month but she also writes down everything she buys, several times she has seen the quantity of the daily odds and pieces that she buys has mysteriously doubled, oh profuse apologies for the 'mistake' but its cash only now.

4,130 baht drunk by one person would put most people on their arse let alone walk around after being beaten . something stinks with this story from the go go bar and maybe a lot of lady drinks added to his check bin without his knowledge .

Or maybe he bought a load of ladies drinks trying to impress,he wouldnt be the first.Just another day in paradise.

He had an automated bill very clearly itemising all the lady drinks he bought, and there were a lot, so where's the "typical scam"?

Bill padding, they add additional items to your bill (if you're drunk they add far more).

But the mom and pop stores also add extra items to foreigner bills if you don't watch them.

It's common behaviour for Thais to steal from foreigners (and out of town Thais).

How would committing fraud to illegally charge a customer make a bar respectable?

Respectable establishments don't do that. But they probably wouldn't allow whoring on their premises either.

How would committing fraud to illegally charge a customer make a bar respectable?

Respectable establishments don't do that. But they probably wouldn't allow whoring on their premises either.

Anybody aware of this from the report -

There have been many warnings on social media about this venue and westerners have been warned before to avoid it.

If so they seemed to have passed me by?

You mean nobody told you? And they should have?

I have seen first hand Drunks losing all sense of everything. Thinking they had just arrived for one drink. Or leaving then coming back later. forgetting about paying or buying drinks. Well now that the green light has been given for 4am closings...expect more to come.

maybe the camera was off, because it was broken - after being used to bash tourist over head?

but, of course without any proof, either way:

• did the customer aggravate the situation?
  • or, maybe his tab was being filled for girls (beyond) the one sitting on his knee all night?
  • maybe he had a losing string at games of Checkers over the bar, and all he left were his clothes?

not just foreigners, my missus often buys,like most in the village, on credit at the village shop and pays at the end of the month but she also writes down everything she buys, several times she has seen the quantity of the daily odds and pieces that she buys has mysteriously doubled, oh profuse apologies for the 'mistake' but its cash only now.

They probably see it as stealing from YOU, rather than stealing from HER.

I believe you might have confused the word 'respectable' with the word 'honest'.

By 'respectable' I, of course, meant bars without obvious prostitutes.

One can be honest without being respectable, and vice versa.

Edited by MissAndry

Quote; The injured tourist was treated at the hospital and then quickly discharged himself after being told that this particular venue has a record of beating up guests and he feared somebody would turn up to look for him in the emergency room.

So this go-go place apparently have staff that like to beat up customers, <deleted>?? I wish the army would give some payback big time, send in 25 troops after they been told to trash the place including the bouncers.

Seems some of the bouncers in Pattaya loves to beat up westerners but off-course not one on one, but 4 to 1 minimum. Brainless cowards.

I was just nailed with a bill that was inflated a lot at a soi 15 Walking St. area gogo with name starting with W......l. Hell, they got me and I just drink soda water! B1000 tip? Get drunk and you risk a lot; threat to wallet and a sound azz kicking. There are live 24 cams for the LK gogo you can observe the action outside.

Another quality tourist bites the dust. Hmm the bar staff did not touch him and the CCTV cameras were out of order. Someone better call the TAT lady and get her there with her fire extinguisher before this hits social media. 4,000 bahts worth of booze would definitely knock me on my arse without a blow being struck.

Question for Patts residents;

Who's worse, the likes of this tourist or Chinese tourists sitting outside 7-11's eating mama noodles?

Question for Patts residents;

Who's worse, the likes of this tourist or Chinese tourists sitting outside 7-11's eating mama noodles?

Don't know, have no idea what he did, he may be completely innocent and has in fact done nothing wrong. Maybe he had 2 drinks and got hit with a bill and protested, none of us know.

I also noted he declined to file charges and even to give his name through fear of retribution, doesn't really sound like a man who is used to trouble if he is doing that.

Or do you mean that people who frequent Go Go Bars in general are undesirable?

Perhaps his temp tee rak said "You think I'm sexy and want me, ring the bell". Maybe not know what that means. Could explain so many lady drinks... "Gee they cheer and so happy...." Perhaps even only male customer... just guessing.

Then when he got the bill, he got his bell rung.

I ever brought a friend from USA to Nana Plaza. We took a seat in the first gogo bar upstairs where they spank your ass with plastic tubes. We had 3 drinks each and I bought the waitress one drink. 6x100 + 2x150 =900. When the bill came another waitress brought the bill and it was 1250. The waitress who served us was on break. I told this girl the bill was wrong. Then the bartender came and I explained how many drinks I had bought. She said she would check. Then the waitresses that served us came to us crying and begging that I accept the bill. I was hot because I had tipped her 500 baht during our time there so I refused to pay 1250. Then the manager, a tall friendly foreigner, came to talk with me. He apologized and ask me to pay only the 900 and said that the girls would take care of her. He said they handle problems like this in house. Meaning she would get an ass whooping by every girl on shift. It's easy to run up a 4,000 baht bill. The girls are always bringing other girla to your table asking you to pay for a drink for them. Pay for one and it is like throwing seed to pigeons. I believe the staff and owner are of a different caliber at that venue. Beware, your kindness might be rewarded with milked pockets and a need for medical assistance.

Edited by Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere

"I know that and I don,t go to bars" !! Well, Miss Andry, I know absolutely everything about you, even though I have never met you :)