Special treatment from the army - but this military mutt doesn't mind

snoop1130

Special treatment from the army - but this military mutt doesn't mind

post-249866-0-97791700-1468325364_thumb.
Image: Daily News

KORAT:-- Special treatment at the hands of the military has got a bit of a bad reputation these days. But for Pharaoh the platoon mascot it has taken on a whole new meaning.

Dog crazy Thais couldn't get enough of a video posted on Facebook of Pharaoh getting a soothing massage at the hands of his own best friend soldier Ong-art Kunsiri.

Pharaoh is a 6 or seven year old beagle mix who has become the darling of the 23rd Division based in Nakorn Rachasima. The video of his massage was taken as soldiers were on duty in a housing estate in the north eastern Thai province of Surin.

Ong-art said that Pharaoh is a very friendly and loving dog who can stand long marches and enjoys rides in military vehicles - as well as those all important massages to relax those aching limbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg36zsyXScE&feature=youtu.be

Source: Daily News: http://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/508489

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-12

Until he wanders onto a road, then, without a thought or regret they will run him down! It happens every day, in every town....I think Thai men think it's a test of their manhood or something? sad.pngwai.gif

Until he wanders onto a road, then, without a thought or regret they will run him down! It happens every day, in every town....I think Thai men think it's a test of their manhood or something? sad.pngwai.gif

What a mean, spirited soul you are, did your wife clean the toilet with your tooth brush and you found out?

What a mean, spirited soul you are, did your wife clean the toilet with your tooth brush and you found out?

There's always one- a little bitter and twisted and slightly mentally unstable.

It's a pleasant story and good to see a pampered pooch. The idea that Thai's run down dogs on purpose is just laughable .

There's always one- a little bitter and twisted and slightly mentally unstable.

It's a pleasant story and good to see a pampered pooch. The idea that Thai's run down dogs on purpose is just laughable .

There are dog lovers and there are those who don't care about them at all. One big story last week was about a taxi driver who intentionally ran one down. I saw one dragging itself along the road a week or two ago. And of course, until the last few years stray dogs in esarn were often traded for buckets and other things that could be used around the home in the rural areas.they'd take the dogs away to be sold to Vietnam or Laos I guess. I've seen the pickups loaded with dogs go by down the rural roads. Things have been cleaned up in the past few years but before that most didn't pay attention to what was happening to these animals. In the city people think a bit differently but when dogs get out of control most Thais won't hesitate to grab a big stick to wack them with. So although the initial comment was off on the running over of dogs he's not off on the way many see street dogs. In Thailand, dogs also get royal title and luxuries lives too. Still with so many strays running around, it's pretty obvious that the majority don't really care what happens to them for if they did they would take them in. The dog in this story is a lucky fella.

Edited by Alive

Dear Mr Torrens54, did you not read the article about how they tore out the teeth of a monkey so that local people could have a "selfie" with it? Until you have travelled the hiways and biways of this fair land, until you have seen the thoughtful cruelty of the local people towards dogs and others of their kind I think you should wait before you give an opinion!

Remember, when, after a lot of publicity they rescued over 2 thousand dogs going to Lao and Cambodia as "food stock"?

How many survive today? They jammed them into disease ridden cages with not enough food, no vet treatment and only a few volenteers to try to keep as many as possible alive......to no avail!

So long as Thai's think that dogs are the reincarnated souls of bad monks there will be no change! sad.pngbah.gifwai.gif