Oracle VM Virtual v5.0.24

nabbie

I cant seem to get Oracle VM Virtual v5.0.24 working on my PC as windows 7 64bits. Its installation is fine. When I press the green start, the dialog message says it failed to open the session for virtual machine.

Any ideas how to solve this issue will be appreciated.

Uninstall and remove all parts of Virtualbox 5.0.24 and download the latest version 5.1 and install it...

Thanks....now finding this link now for latest one.

Install v5.1 is done. See attached. I can not start it because the combo shows only "Empty" Suggestion always welcome.

post-200691-0-30793400-1468461038_thumb.

Did you create a Virtual hard Disk?

No, I chose to create a Virtual Disk Image at first. It does not work so I try the alternative option - Virtual Hard Disk. It is still the same problem - the dialog keeps saying "Empty". Even the VirtualBox folder shows some existing files with blue icons. See attached.

post-200691-0-34368200-1468476614_thumb.

Try installing your OS again. On the third step when asked 'if you wish to create a virtual disk; make sure to select 'create a virtual disk now' . Usually that would be the default option.

I think that may be your problem. On the 4th step make sure you got VDI selected. Again it's probably the default option.

Edited by Rob13

Try installing your OS again. On the third step when asked 'if you wish to create a virtual disk; make sure to select 'create a virtual disk now' . Usually that would be the default option.

I think that may be your problem. On the 4th step make sure you got VDI selected. Again it's probably the default optio

It is very time consuming.....I agree my problem is to create the virtual disk even using the default option so I decide to skip that for time being. Hopefully the later version will become reliable. Cheers.

When there's no issues it only takes a minute to set it up. In normal conditions you can just go through each step and click on 'next' and it will work. The only adjustments you need to make are in the RAM size. Every thing else you can leave at the default setting.

Edited by Rob13