1,700 rescued from the Med in two days

rooster59

1,700 rescued from the Med in two days

post-247607-0-45355500-1469226151_thumb.

The Italian coastguard says an estimated 1,700 migrants have been rescued from the Mediterranean over the last two days from Wednesday.

Vessels belonging to non-governmental organisations, national navies and passing cargo ships have been rescuing migrants over the past two years.

The majority are in un-seaworthy smuggling boats launched from Libya on what has become known as the “Central Mediterranean route”.

What happened on Thursday?

1,128 survivors plucked from the Mediterranean south of Sicily
17 bodies recovered

What happened on Wednesday?

22 bodies (21 women and one man) recovered from second boat (Doctors Without Borders)
209 rescued (DWB)

Fact Check

The latest figures (published on 20 July) show 253, 540 people have come to Europe so far in 2016.

242,179 by sea
9,519 by land
2,977 dead or missing

(Info: the International Organisation for Migration)

Italy is the main country of first arrival. In June 2016, migrants came to the country mainly from Nigeria, Eritrea, Sudan, Guinea and Ivory Coast.

Arrivals for the same period in Greece, the second country of arrival, are from Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq and Algeria.

Since the start of 2016, people have arrived in Bulgaria from Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan.

Hungary and Serbia have registered small flows of migrants.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-23

Now as in today load them in military transport planes and fly them all back to where they came from. Not difficult to do. About four or five trips using a C5 Galaxy. Its not even a long flight.

Get this in the media. Every one that arrived will be back home within twelve hours after being pick up.

Europe, so disparaged by some appearing to be blind, is still considered a haven of peace, prosperity and freedom for all these people.

A haven that lunatics with knives, axes and guns are putting at risk, and with it, a better than evens chance that Germany will change its immigrant refugee open door policy.

Europe, so disparaged by some appearing to be blind, is still considered a haven of peace, prosperity and freedom for all these people.

The problem is that if you had a million dollars, and gave a million poor people a dollar each, nobody would be much better off, and you would be as poor as them.

Now that someone has figured out how to make money from this, at x$ per head, it will never stop.

It is easy to feel sorry for them. But less easy when you are the one who has to pay to support them later.

Just to think they first laughed at Trump for wanting to build a huge fence on the USA-Mexican Border. At least that is possible. I would like to see how they plan to stop this.

I still smile when I think back many years ago when Cuba pulled this one over the eyes of the USA. Cuba sent a bunch of immigrants in poorly constructed boats from Cuba to Florida, which the US Coast Guard picked up and then they openly welcomed them in to the USA.

It seemed like the noble thing to do at that time. But it turns out that a lot of these so called immigrants weren't really innocent immigrants at all. As Fidel Castro decided to empty his prisons and put the worst offenders on these boats. The USA wasn't really aware of this at first until the Crime Rate shot up in Florida like a rocket, and they did some further investigation.

It has been said that: "Kindness is a Weakness". As I get older I am beginning to believe this more and more.

People trying to better their lives and we laugh at their misfortune!!! Have we no soul!!!!

I am currently in a Nigerian prison, raped daily and electrocuted!!! I will escape tonight and try to swim to .... OK, first run East....then swim to....hmmm....wait, I don't have to swim anywhere...I will run East and then North to Italy!!!

In 103 days I will have been eaten by a crocodile....my story posted here and you will say , "Darwinism at its finest. LOL"

we all got lucky at birth.......now pass me the sugar for my espresso!!!!