I want to know your opinion on my story

TheNewbie

Hi everyone! This is my first post here. I don't have any foreigner friends so I want to know your opinion on my story.

I met this guy from dating app. He's American (half American haft Indian), 9 years older than me.

We chat a couple days and then we meet in person. He seems like a nice guy.

He like me so much (I think it's too much) in a short time we spend together.

He said that it's because he have to go back soon (He's here for a short vacation) that why the feeling develop really fast.

But the thing is I'm not fully into him as much as him to me. The main reason is that we just know each other for less than a week.

After he go back to his country he sent me a lot of message about how he missed me, want to spend more time with me, how much he likes me.

He even booked the flight and a place for his next trip to Thailand after he just left here for 5 days.

At that point I already feel uncomfortable. I even said that I think I might not like him as much as he likes me.

In the third time he mad at me when I didn't text back because I have a life to live and a job to do I kinda feel really annoyed.

So I told him that I need a break and rethink about this situation.

Then I told him that we should stop this relationship over a long text message (over a long text message which I know that it's a terrible to do but I couldn't think of any better way to explain it clear enough)

Now he is really angry and really hate me for dumping him over a text message and not say it to his face (which I will say the same thing).

In my defense I just don't want to wait until he come here in Thailand and dump this to him. I think it's better to tell him as soon as I could.

And now I'm a bad guy. :(

If he Is so insecure and gets stressed out over a short relationship I think you have had a lucky escape. Forget him and move on, life is too short to get pulled into other people's perceived melodramas!

Some people seem to be very intense when it comes to relationships, others are slow and cautious. If you are not comfortable, you probably did the right thing. Breakups are never easy and even when both parties want out, there is still adjustment and hurt.

One of the problems with romances that occur when on holiday is they can be based more in fantasy than reality.

Best of luck.