Penang consulate and the supposed 3SETV limit

I'm happy to inform on my own experience having just got my visa from this consulate,hoping at the same time putting

some break to persistent anxiety provoking rumors about a rule enforced there limiting to 3 the number of visas

allowed to be applied

I'd already 3 of them issue at this place and stamped on the same passeport,so that's why i'd asked more détails in a precedent thread posted here..but the issue remained unclear because of lack in reference to the span of time,this supposed limit is considered

As far as i'm concerned the first visa was made in JULY 2013,then july 2014,and the last one february 2015

So,please, when people claim being denied,it would be nice they give the full story

I imagine 3 visas back to back at the same place would be another story,and even so,i'd prefer to check myself at the place what's all about.(.nothing is posted)rather than relying on the voraciuous ''friendly''agents,ready to distort the truth to their own profit

In passing,i'll point out the little game of some of these agents,cutting the queue abrutly to place the applications to the nose of the staff,and what's more fishy,the applicans themselves were present,follow ing the normal individual

procedure and then handing over the deposit receipt to the agent,who in turn enter in discussion with the staff

So,this is just my expérience, but I hope to be useful with this comment

I am not surprised you were given a fourth when the previous three were obtained over 3 years. As you say, three visas back to back, or over a short period of time, is "another story". The only reason Embassies/Consulates have limits stopping people getting too many back to back visas is to make it harder for them to live in Thailand permanently.

I doubt any Embassies/Consulates would have a problem issuing one tourist visa every year.

• Like 2

I have just returned from London, and have received my 5th MEV back to back spread over the same passport directly after the previous visa ran out. I was a little worried so I went to the Thai embassy in London in person, I explained to them that this is the only way I can visit Thailand for this length of time, I told them as soon as I hit 50 I would be applying for my retirement visa, the staff were very friendly and understood my predicament, I was told as long as you stay out of trouble and never overstay by 1 day they have will continue to supply me with a new MEV every time I apply. I was still a little nervous when I arrived at Bangkok immigration as I was expecting a grilling for have so many in my passport, as it happens I was stamped through, no questions asked and on my way. I honestly believe that if you follow the rules and keep within the visa regulations (no overstay by even a day) you should never have an issue, of course it probably makes a difference that I fly back to my country of residence each time, but better to do this than take a chance with any of the Asian Thai embassy's spread around malay etc. I did not receive a personal data form that I have been hearing about on this forum.

:)

• Like 1