Phu Nam Ron Border Crossing

Hi All,

Is the Phu Nam Ron border crossing still open? I realise it won't let in / out border runs except for visa holders (I have Multiple Non Imm o) but just want to confirm it is definitely open.

Also is it open on a Sunday, I presume it is?

Many thanks,

Paddy

I was just through there coming back from Dawei, Myanmar yesterday. Last van back to Kanchanaburi station from border is 2pm. Ride is about 90 minutes. Also of note, we were very lucky to hitch a ride on the back of a pickup from the Myanmar immigration post to the Thai border post which is about a 5-6 km distance. After the Myanmar Immigration building - there is about 1km of dirt road until you get to the actual border where the Thai police have an outpost and the road is then nicely paved. Then it is downhill about 3-4 km to the actual Thai Immigration check-in. You can actually try and walk down this way but I would not want to walk the other way up towards Myanmar.

Me (US Passport) and my girlfriend(Asean citizen) both had new SETVs from Yangon and thus Myanmar Immigration let us pass through this border on to Thailand. I do not think they would have let us through this border if we were trying for Visa Exempt entry into Thailand. My girlfriend actually entered into Myanmar without a Visa(She did not need one) and they almost stranded us because they were saying she had to leave the country via Yangon by air. Then they called the big boss on the phone and because we had Thailand SETVs - we were good to go.

We had no issues or questioning whatsoever with the Thai Immigration upon entry. Probably cause we had our SETVs.

I was just through there coming back from Dawei, Myanmar yesterday. Last van back to Kanchanaburi station from border is 2pm. Ride is about 90 minutes. Also of note, we were very lucky to hitch a ride on the back of a pickup from the Myanmar immigration post to the Thai border post which is about a 5-6 km distance. After the Myanmar Immigration building - there is about 1km of dirt road until you get to the actual border where the Thai police have an outpost and the road is then nicely paved. Then it is downhill about 3-4 km to the actual Thai Immigration check-in. You can actually try and walk down this way but I would not want to walk the other way up towards Myanmar.

Me (US Passport) and my girlfriend(Asean citizen) both had new SETVs from Yangon and thus Myanmar Immigration let us pass through this border on to Thailand. I do not think they would have let us through this border if we were trying for Visa Exempt entry into Thailand. My girlfriend actually entered into Myanmar without a Visa(She did not need one) and they almost stranded us because they were saying she had to leave the country via Yangon by air. Then they called the big boss on the phone and because we had Thailand SETVs - we were good to go.

We had no issues or questioning whatsoever with the Thai Immigration upon entry. Probably cause we had our SETVs.

If a person has entered Myanmar on a visa and stayed for a period of time Thai immigration will do a visa exempt entry. Only doing a border hop from Thailand for a visa exempt entry is not allowed.

Joe I understand but our issues were not with the Thai Immigration - they were with the Myanmar Immigration Officers.

My girlfriend entered in Yangon by air without a Visa as she gets 14 days Visa free in Myanmar. The Officers initially were saying that she could not leave by land at Htee Kee - she needed to leave the country by air from Yangon. We did not know that this was a requirement and still do not know if it actually is. Or maybe they were initially not allowing her to leave at that border in case she got turned back using visa-exempt to enter Thailand.

Only when we showed them our Thailand SETVs and they called the higher ups and then let us pass through.