Fiance Visa

My fiance and I will be making our application at the end of May so I am still busy collecting what I need.

I have a few concerns, so I would like some opinions from you the ever helpful people here.

I can show a statement of $5000 in the bank. But will I have to reveal that I have 10,000 owing on my c/c.

I have an appointment this week with my local federal member of parliament, but what can they do for me? Can they give me a letter of support?

I intend to arrange a date for a marriage celebrant and location for the ceremony in Aus soon. I was thinking I would make the date for August/September this year. Is this too soon after the application? or might this speed things up.

If I get letters form her parents, family and friends about the relationship, How do I have these certified?

When they ask for 2 stat decs from aus residents that know you and your fiance, does the person have to have personally met my fiance? for example, could I have my father write a stat dec even though he has not personally met my fiance?

I am trying to make sure I have every base covered so I am also including a valuation for the engagement ring in the application. This could only help, right?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ye, but. Do you have to have personally met someone to know them? Can't you know someone from talking to them on the phone.

or else how can I get around this? When I go to Thailand to see my gf I don't take anyone with me.

ye, but. Do you have to have personally met someone to know them? Can't you know someone from talking to them on the phone.

or else how can I get around this? When I go to Thailand to see my gf I don't take anyone with me.

are you saying you never met a solitary foreigner in your visits to the LOS. Your father can do a stat dec but without support from people knowing you, you won't favourably persuade the case officer at the Australian Embassy as to the seriousness of the realtionship. Talk to someone like Bronco on here. He has done it and knows the ropes.

I will answer my own question, as I have just found out the facts.

You do not need 2 stat decs for a fiance visa.

But can someone tell me how you go about certifying letters my fiances friends and family in Thailand. What is the equivelant of a JP in Thailand?

I will answer my own question, as I have just found out the facts.

You do not need 2 stat decs for a fiance visa.

But can someone tell me how you go about certifying letters my fiances friends and family in Thailand. What is the equivelant of a JP in Thailand?

They can attest at the Australian Embassy. There are no J's.P in Thailand.